Outsystems 11 Integration Studio issue

Outsystems 11 Integration Studio issue

Hi,

After upgrading to Outsystems 11, I created a new extension in Integration Studio. After this a message box is shown.

Error creating new Extension: 1 is not a supported code page.

Parameter name: codepage

See attachment.

Is there a fix for this?

John van Schaik

ADA ICT

Hi John,

Thanks for reporting. I asked OutSystems to take a look at your post.

Hi Kilian,

Thanks. ;-)

Best Regards,

John van Schaik

ADA ICT

Hi John,

can you give me more information about the version of the integration studio and the version of the platform that you are connected to?

Thanks 

Hi Andrè,

The version of Integration Studio is 11.0.109.0 and the platform is 11.0.108.0 this is a personal environment.

Best Regards, 

John van Schaik

ADA ICT 

John van Schaik wrote:

Hi Andrè,

The version of Integration Studio is 11.0.109.0 and the platform is 11.0.108.0 this is a personal environment.

Best Regards, 

John van Schaik

ADA ICT 

Hi John,

I couldn't reproduce the issue. I tested in that both versions and it worked as expected.

Can you provide us the log file that is in the following path?

"C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\OutSystems\Integration Studio\Log.txt"

Best regards,

André Vieira

Hello Andrè,

Steps I have done,

1. In an existing project create a new extension.

2. Integration Studio is started then login.

After that the error message is given.

Below this line is the log thats stored after the error 1 is not a supported code page.

[2018/10/10 07:34:08.4638] OutSystems.IntegrationStudio.Interface.Aggregator.SelectServer: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Select[TSource,TResult](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 selector)
   at OutSystems.Communication.Extensions.FillInfoFromProperties(HostInfo hostInfo, IDictionary`2 properties)
   at OutSystems.IntegrationStudio.Core.Logic.WebServices.WebServicesFacade.Handshake(LoginInfo login, DatabaseProviderKey& databaseProviderKey)
   at OutSystems.IntegrationStudio.Interface.Aggregator.SelectServer.connectSimpleButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
[2018/10/10 07:35:01.5747] OutSystems.IntegrationStudio.Core.Logic.Compiler.Compiler: System.ArgumentException: 1 is not a supported code page.
   at System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding(Int32 codepage)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipConstants.ConvertToString(Byte[] data, Int32 count)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipConstants.ConvertToStringExt(Int32 flags, Byte[] data)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipInputStream.GetNextEntry()
   at OutSystems.Common.ZipUtils.DecompressZipFile(String baseDirectory, Stream zipStream)
   at OutSystems.IntegrationStudio.Core.Logic.Compiler.Compiler.StubGeneration(String xifFileName, String outputPath, ArrayList reports)
   at OutSystems.IntegrationStudio.Core.Logic.Compiler.Compiler.Compile(String xifPath, String outputPath, String projectName, Boolean inTests)
[2018/10/10 07:35:04.0570] OutSystems.IntegrationStudio.Interface.Aggregator.Aggregator: System.Exception: 1 is not a supported code page.
   at OutSystems.IntegrationStudio.Core.Aggregator.Aggregator.ProjectNew()
   at OutSystems.IntegrationStudio.Interface.Aggregator.Aggregator.ProjectNewWithChosenPlatform()

Best Regards,

John van Schaik

ADA-ICT

Hello Andrè,

Also a collegue has exacly the same issue. On a different machine and with another personal environment. Checked and the software versions are the same.

Looks like it's not an isolated incident.

Best Regards,

John van Schaik

After getting a tip of a collegue (G. Neele) who has also submitted the issue and found the solution but could not reproduce it any more. I have been able to reproduce the issue.

It still exists in Development Environment 11.0.110.0, on the same platform version 11.0.108.0.

First Close Development Environment and Integration Studio, this is the starting situation.

Now swap the Language in windows.

Original situation

Step two, swap language

Now start Development Environment and Create Extension. This works no error.

When you revert te change then the error message is shown.

So it has something to do with the language settings in Windows. :-(

Best Regards

John van Schaik

ADA ICT

John van Schaik wrote:

After getting a tip of a collegue (G. Neele) who has also submitted the issue and found the solution but could not reproduce it any more. I have been able to reproduce the issue.

It still exists in Development Environment 11.0.110.0, on the same platform version 11.0.108.0.

First Close Development Environment and Integration Studio, this is the starting situation.

Original situation

Step two, swap language

Best Regards

John van Schaik

ADA ICT

Thanks! Had the same issue in 11.0.120.0. Solved it for me.

Alexander Bouma wrote:

John van Schaik wrote:

Original situation

Step two, swap language

Best Regards

John van Schaik

ADA ICT

Thanks! Had the same issue in 11.0.120.0. Solved it for me.

Always good to know when something simple like this can fix your problem. ;-)