Dependencies don't load

Hi! I'm having an issue on my enviroment.
Since I upgraded to the Platform Server 11, when I'm trying to load my app so I can edit it, when getting the dependencies it doesn't get past that screen.
This only happens on my personal computer, as on others with the same network connection all goes smooth and clean.
Any tips?

Thank you on advance!

Hi Edubaixo,

In my personal P11 environment it's happening the same. 

When I open refresh references (on web or mobile apps), the refresh references loading screen stays in loop, and can't be closed without closing service studio.

Marco Arede wrote:

Hi Edubaixo,

In my personal P11 environment it's happening the same. 

When I open refresh references (on web or mobile apps), the refresh references loading screen stays in loop, and can't be closed without closing service studio.

True, I even need to pull up the task manager to close it :c

Hi Edubaixo,

I've submited a request of support to OutSystems.

Regards, 

Hi. Same story on my side. 

Outsystems 11 and Personal Environment 11.0.108.1

Regards

edubaixo wrote:

Hi! I'm having an issue on my enviroment.
Since I upgraded to the Platform Server 11, when I'm trying to load my app so I can edit it, when getting the dependencies it doesn't get past that screen.
This only happens on my personal computer, as on others with the same network connection all goes smooth and clean.
Any tips?

Thank you on advance!

Is your platform updated? You can check here https://www.outsystems.com/home/

Mine wasn't, so scheduled an update

Cheers

Yes, I've my platform updated, I've done one more upgrade last night and still happening

Hi,

Can you verify if your dependencies are upgraded already properly?, even you try to open your dependencies manually to check if its all ok? 

Thanks,

Balu

Alistair Petersen wrote:

Hi. Same story on my side. 

Outsystems 11 and Personal Environment 11.0.108.1

Regards

I'm stepping out of this because I'm not busy with a production app. What I did find in the PlanetHopper example after (holds my head in shame) deleting the module.. is that it popped up in a folder called Independent Modules. The QuickApp template is only supported to work up to PDE 10.4 if I recall correctly. Having said that - the module seems to be working fine after updating the dependencies. 

Having the same problem here, doing the online dev course for mobile developer and a lot of things don't work right, dragging a entity attribute to a screen crashes the p11 environment, now did an change to the ToDo_Core thing and my ToDo main won't load anymore but is stuck on checking dependencies, also loading a second edit screen never stops the initial load .. I think they missed some stuff while doing the beta testing .. 

What's even more funny, when I create a support case, I see a lot more and higher P11 versions of service studio than the one you get when you download 'the latest' version from the download page, I have and get the 11.0.109.0 version, but there are already a couple more new versions, I understand they have some in beta, but would be nice if we had the possibility to download one of the new beta's .. i'm really stuck now in my training :-(

In https://www.outsystems.com/home/downloads/110/ you can find a newer version 11.0.110.0 .. 

Hi Wim,

Thanks, but even with this new version the issue still occurs. And it only happens when refreshing references in a mobile app (popup loading references stays in loop). Does not occur when refreshing references in a web app. Only solution is to close service studio by task manager.

Kind regards,

Wim van den Brink wrote:

Having the same problem here, doing the online dev course for mobile developer and a lot of things don't work right, dragging a entity attribute to a screen crashes the p11 environment, now did an change to the ToDo_Core thing and my ToDo main won't load anymore but is stuck on checking dependencies, also loading a second edit screen never stops the initial load .. I think they missed some stuff while doing the beta testing .. 

I have the exactly same situation. After I failed to drag the `Title` attribute to the `List` element by following the `ToDo` tutorial, I just tried to upload my project and re-open the IDE to solve the problem. But the same things happened:

1. Fail to upload

2. Stuck on  checking dependencies....

Wim van den Brink wrote:

In https://www.outsystems.com/home/downloads/110/ you can find a newer version 11.0.110.0 .. 

Everything is up to date, dependencies and OS. Still loading infenitely...

Solution

Have you tried to recover the eSpace as it might be corrupted?

Open a Command Prompt (Run as Administrator) and run the following command:

• "<path_to_service_studio>\ServiceStudio.exe" -recover "<path_to_oml_file>\<oml_file_name>.oml"

After doing so its important to publish eSpace again as the corrupted one will disappear 

normally it would be  "C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Development Environment 11.0\Service Studio\ServiceStudio.exe" -recover "<path_to_oml_file>\<oml_file_name>.oml"

this will force service studio to recover the eSpace and hopefully fix the broken parts.

Solution

Now I'm shooting everywhere, but just to be sure, how many of you had the last October update from Windows 10 and had this problem? I'm just trying to figure out this.

Hello edubaixo.

We are facing the same issue.
It is unrelated to the 1809 update of windows.

Do you by any chance run on a hp elitebook ?

Also what version of .net framework are you running locally ?

Michael de Ruijter wrote:

Hello edubaixo.

We are facing the same issue.
It is unrelated to the 1809 update of windows.

Do you by any chance run on a hp elitebook ?

Also what version of .net framework are you running locally ?

Hi Michael. At the moment, as I've not my computer with me, I can only tell you that I'm not running on a HP EliteBook.

hello edubaixo,

Thanks for your reply. 

You said you have contact OS support before. 

Have you been able to provide them with a process dump ? and the general log ?

If not i would recommend you also include that in your case.

You can download processdump that via this: Processdump 

Check the PID of servicestudio via taskmanager. 

And then replicate the issue ( refresh dependency ) and run CMD as an admin.

procdump.exe -ma (PID)

and the general log can be created with the information required by doing this:

Go to your service studio installation directory. and locate: ServiceStudio.exe.config

and add: <add name="RefreshReferences" value="4"/> to the file. Save it and reproduce the issue.

Note that these two steps can be done at the same time to save a bit of time yourself.

Hello, everyone.

We are currently actively pursuing this issue where Service Studio becomes stuck getting dependencies.

At this point in time we are aware that some machines reproduce this issue very often while others are not affected at all. In order to make some sense of all occurrences, and hopefully find some patterns, I ask you all to share your versions of Service Studio, .Net Framework and CLR in all affected machines in this thread. You can do that using Power Shell commands:

[System.Runtime.InteropServices.RuntimeInformation]::get_FrameworkDescription()

$PSVersionTable.CLRVersion

We'll share news as soon as possible

Thank you for your cooperation.

Hello Rui,

Hereby the version running for me and my coworkers:

Major  Minor  Build  Revision
-----  -----  -----  --------
4      0      30319  42000   

Rui Garcia wrote:

Hello, everyone.

We are currently actively pursuing this issue where Service Studio becomes stuck getting dependencies.

At this point in time we are aware that some machines reproduce this issue very often while others are not affected at all. In order to make some sense of all occurrences, and hopefully find some patterns, I ask you all to share your versions of Service Studio, .Net Framework and CLR in all affected machines in this thread. You can do that using Power Shell commands:

[System.Runtime.InteropServices.RuntimeInformation]::get_FrameworkDescription()

$PSVersionTable.CLRVersion

We'll share news as soon as possible

Thank you for your cooperation.

Hi Rui,

My service studio got stuck getting dependencies.

Service studio version: 11.0.110.0

.NET Framework 4.7.3190.0

Major  Minor  Build  Revision
-----  -----  -----  --------
4      0      30319  42000

Thanks!

Ricardo Moreira wrote:

• "<path_to_service_studio>\ServiceStudio.exe" -recover "<path_to_oml_file>\<oml_file_name>.oml"

After doing so its important to publish eSpace again as the corrupted one will disappear 

normally it would be  "C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Development Environment 11.0\Service Studio\ServiceStudio.exe" -recover "<path_to_oml_file>\<oml_file_name>.oml"

this will force service studio to recover the eSpace and hopefully fix the broken parts.

Hi,

I've done the steps proposed by Ricardo Moreira and it works now.

Thanks!

Hello Ricardo,

Thanks for your suggestion.

This seems to be working as well on our environment as far i can check at the moment.

Will update here if we get any additional information.

Ricardo Moreira wrote:

Also really the only way I could recover my application at this point in time.

Thanks!

Ricardo Moreira wrote:

This worked for me too. Thanks a lot!

Monique de Vos wrote:

Ricardo Moreira wrote:

This worked for me too. Thanks a lot!

Yep, for me too! Thanks!

Hi guys - for those of you who created Support Tickets on this issue, can you tell me the Ticket numbers?

When Outsystems is stuck, try to close the CefSharp subprocesses from the bottom. Outsystems will recognize it crashed and give you a restart option. 

The same problem occurs when you try to open the dependencies manually

They solved the bug in the last version according to the release notes:

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Release_Notes/11/Development_Environment/Development_Environment_Release_4

Last item in the bug list

Regards,

Wim