Submitting a form with conditional drop down list and adding them in two databases

Submitting a form with conditional drop down list and adding them in two databases

I'm having trouble with submitting a form with conditional drop down lists. The conditional drop down lists are using a database on its own. I just want to submit the values on the dropdown lists on its own into the form but i really can't grasp on how to do it. Plus i would also like to submit it into 2 different databases. like FormSubmit database and formbackup database

Marc Suarez wrote:

I'm having trouble with submitting a form with conditional drop down lists. The conditional drop down lists are using a database on its own. I just want to submit the values on the dropdown lists on its own into the form but i really can't grasp on how to do it. Plus i would also like to submit it into 2 different databases. like FormSubmit database and formbackup database

Hi Marc, 

Can you please put your doubt into a little more detail? :) 

What do you mean by conditional drop down lists? Also, you want to submit them into 2 different databases, but what type of record are you creating in each? 

José Lopes wrote:

Marc Suarez wrote:

Hi Marc, 

What do you mean by conditional drop down lists? Also, you want to submit them into 2 different databases, but what type of record are you creating in each? 

Hi! Sorry for the late reply, I went to sleep after. 

So i have two drop down lists.

Both are taken from databases. One database holds all the types of groceries. The other subtypes. I wanted to see if I could be able to press the button and submit them into 2 new databases. They would be names FormSubmit and FormBackup. But yeah, my problem is that I'm not able to really figure out how to submit it or create a record into just even one database. 

Thanks for the help!

Marc Suarez wrote:

José Lopes wrote:

Marc Suarez wrote:

Hi Marc, 

Both are taken from databases. One database holds all the types of groceries. The other subtypes. I wanted to see if I could be able to press the button and submit them into 2 new databases. They would be names FormSubmit and FormBackup. But yeah, my problem is that I'm not able to really figure out how to submit it or create a record into just even one database. 

Thanks for the help!

Hi Mark,

By reading above information it is still not clear what do you want to achieve. Can you please explain the business case or your data model in detail.

Sachin

Hi Marc,

As per my understanding, you want to save details in two different database tables with conditional dropdowns.
In this scenario,
First take two parameters which are independently associated with the dropdowns.
You will get their values when you submit the form. If anyone of them is not rendered on screen, it means it comes under your false condition and so the variable associated with it will be null.
On basis of this null condition, you can save details to two different tables as per your requirements.

Regards,
Palak 

Sachin Mahawar wrote:

Marc Suarez wrote:

José Lopes wrote:

Marc Suarez wrote:

Hi Marc, 

Thanks for the help!

Hi Mark,

By reading above information it is still not clear what do you want to achieve. Can you please explain the business case or your data model in detail.

Sachin

To clarify again, I'm just wanting to submit the values of the dropdown lists to a database.  I can't do it normally because the dropdown list values are taken from a database itself. So im really not sure on how im gonna do it.

Thanks.

Marc Suarez wrote:

Sachin Mahawar wrote:

Marc Suarez wrote:

José Lopes wrote:

Marc Suarez wrote:

Hi Marc, 

Thanks for the help!

Hi Mark,

Sachin

To clarify again, I'm just wanting to submit the values of the dropdown lists to a database.  I can't do it normally because the dropdown list values are taken from a database itself. So im really not sure on how im gonna do it.

Thanks.

I think i got what your problem is. 

A drop-down has 2 mais properties: Source record list (options to be displayed); and a variable associated to value that's being selected. I got that you are populating the drop-downs from a database already. 

What you'll have to do, in the client action that's supposed to save the records, is to create to local variables (the empty records you'll be feeding to Create action), you'll create a FormSubmitREC and FormBackupREC (or empty fetch). 

After that, you'll have to assign the corresponding values to each record, including the value selected in the drop-downs, and finally you can feed each FormSubmitREC and FormBackupREC to the corresponding create action..

Hope this helped