Outsystems automatically do uppercase to particular text in advanced query

Outsystems automatically do uppercase to particular text in advanced query

Hi There,

We encounter an issue after upgrade from v8 to v10, but everything worked fine in v8. After debug, we found the query we wrote in advanced query was slightly different from the query sent to database (we concatenate dynamic insert SQL, and execute in advanced query all together), why the small letter "lt" became big letter "LT" while the rest were remaining same case?

Hi Hui,

SQL Server is, by default, case insensitive

Thanks!

Hi,

Looks like its confusing that with part of the string with an attribute name due to the [ ] characters.

How are you passing that value? Written directly on the query or with an expand inline?

Would be nice if you submitted that as an issue via Submit Feedback (or Support channels) if you didn't already.

As a fix/workaround for it, if you pass that as a normal text parameter (similar to your quotation id) it should work fine.

Don't understand why 3 of your parameters look hardcoded/expanded. Is it really like that or is it the Test Query output that make them look like that?

Regards,

João Rosado

João Rosado wrote:

Hi,

Looks like its confusing that with part of the string with an attribute name due to the [ ] characters.

How are you passing that value? Written directly on the query or with an expand inline?

Would be nice if you submitted that as an issue via Submit Feedback (or Support channels) if you didn't already.

As a fix/workaround for it, if you pass that as a normal text parameter (similar to your quotation id) it should work fine.

Don't understand why 3 of your parameters look hardcoded/expanded. Is it really like that or is it the Test Query output that make them look like that?

Regards,

João Rosado

Hi João,

Thanks for your reply, the insert SQL(the first query in my screenshot) is dynamically generated, and we execute the entire SQL in advanced query by expand inline, this is for bulk insert to improve the performance. I think it is because v10 always convert SQL select fields into uppercase, and it doesn't check the "[xxx]" is a select field or an expand inline value. I have attached a simple v10 espace which can reproduce the issue. So far, i don't have any workaround for this, it will be appropriated if you have any good idea for this. I will submit a support ticket for this as well.

JitendraYadav wrote:

Hi Hui,

SQL Server is, by default, case insensitive

Thanks!

Thanks JitendraYadav, the expression insert into DB is for our rule engine to execute, which is case sensitive, and now, the value in db is wrong, which result in error in our rule engine.