ListFilter using Like

  

Hi, I have a List and need to filter it with an input so each time a user types a letter an action should be executed and inside this action the list must be filtered by that letter o letters typed, for example:

List: Air, Back, Bank, Black, Boat, Cat, Dog..... 

If I type in my input the letter "B" i should get in my list:

FilteredList: Back, Bank, Black, Boat <-- And i will display this list again in a table

If I type another letter "Ba" i should get in my list:

FilteredList: Back, Bank

In this case "Module" is an Attribute from my List and I'm storing the value that i wnat to search in "Espace".


So my question is: Is it possible to use a wildcard like the reserved word "LIKE" to filter this list?

Something like:

Select * from clients

where client_name like 'Alf%'


Thanks for you help in advance.

Reynaldo


Hi Reynaldo,

That work on SQL but on this actions you need to be more creative. Try this: Index(Module, Espace) <> -1

Regards,

Marcelo


Reynaldo Merino wrote:

Hi, I have a List and need to filter it with an input so each time a user types a letter an action should be executed and inside this action the list must be filtered by that letter o letters typed, for example:

List: Air, Back, Bank, Black, Boat, Cat, Dog..... 

If I type in my input the letter "B" i should get in my list:

FilteredList: Back, Bank, Black, Boat <-- And i will display this list again in a table

If I type another letter "Ba" i should get in my list:

FilteredList: Back, Bank

In this case "Module" is an Attribute from my List and I'm storing the value that i wnat to search in "Espace".


So my question is: Is it possible to use a wildcard like the reserved word "LIKE" to filter this list?

Something like:

Select * from clients

where client_name like 'Alf%'


Thanks for you help in advance.

Reynaldo


Hi Reynaldo,

Use a richwidget: input_autocomplete , bind a textbox with  InputWidget.

In you screen actions, fetch data from clients. Loop it over a list, append values to list and then use 'Input_autocomplete_showlist.

You'll get your desire results.

Best,

AG



Aditya Gaur wrote:

Reynaldo Merino wrote:

Hi, I have a List and need to filter it with an input so each time a user types a letter an action should be executed and inside this action the list must be filtered by that letter o letters typed, for example:

List: Air, Back, Bank, Black, Boat, Cat, Dog..... 

If I type in my input the letter "B" i should get in my list:

FilteredList: Back, Bank, Black, Boat <-- And i will display this list again in a table

If I type another letter "Ba" i should get in my list:

FilteredList: Back, Bank

In this case "Module" is an Attribute from my List and I'm storing the value that i wnat to search in "Espace".


So my question is: Is it possible to use a wildcard like the reserved word "LIKE" to filter this list?

Something like:

Select * from clients

where client_name like 'Alf%'


Thanks for you help in advance.

Reynaldo


Hi Reynaldo,

Use a richwidget: input_autocomplete , bind a textbox with  InputWidget.

In you screen actions, fetch data from clients. Loop it over a list, append values to list and then use 'Input_autocomplete_showlist.

You'll get your desire results.

Best,

AG



Thanks for your answer AG but i don´t have table or aggregate named client, I have a list and I'm displaying values from this list to a table record widget.


Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Reynaldo,

That work on SQL but on this actions you need to be more creative. Try this: Index(Module, Espace) <> -1

Regards,

Marcelo


Thanks for your answer Marcelo, if i do what you suggest I will only get the position of the text that I'm looking for and I need to filter the list depending on the typed value to display the list on the table record widget.


Hi Reynaldo,

Since you also have the <>-1 you know that the content of espace exists on module. If you want that module start with espace you just need to do =1

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Reynaldo,


From where u are getting list like.aggregate or action ?


Thanks!