How to upgrade server side entities to OS11?

How to upgrade server side entities to OS11?

Hi,

I have create a mobile  application and a seprate module for server side entities

Please let me know how to migrate it into OS 11 as I can see there is service module while we create apps. If I put all table there it will be automatically upgraded or not..?

Thanks

Hi Dileep,

I'm not sure I understand your question. Could you elaborate a bit?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Dileep,

I'm not sure I understand your question. Could you elaborate a bit?

Hi Kilian,

I have generated an application using OS10 have seprate module (Core_Module) for server entities.

Now when comes to OS11, they have introduce new module "Service". As per looking seems all server related data (Business Data n logic will sits there).

Now I want to use it . If I places my enetity under service module. Is there any breakage or anything else I need to do to make it work?

Hope the questions is clear now.

Thanks

Dileep

Hey Dileep,

If you are talking about converting your "Core" Modules to Service Modules check this out the documentation about converting to Service Modules. It lists what elements are not allowed in Service Modules and how to convert to a Service Module.

Dileep Verma wrote:

Hi,

I have create a mobile  application and a seprate module for server side entities

Please let me know how to migrate it into OS 11 as I can see there is service module while we create apps. If I put all table there it will be automatically upgraded or not..?

Thanks

Hi Dileep,

Also please be aware that if you use service actions they have their own database transaction, as opposed to calling server actions which run in the same transaction that is started on the web request.,thus, implementing fault-tolerant services using Service Actions requires additional logic on the consumer side.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Reuse_and_Refactor/Use_Services_to_Expose_Functionality

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Reuse_and_Refactor/Use_Services_to_Expose_Functionality#using-service-actions

Regards,

Daniel