Integration with mainframe

Integration with mainframe

How to do integration with mainframe in outsystems.what is the process?

Hi Arkyadeep,

Your question is overly broad. Please explain what kind of integration you're after.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Arkyadeep,

Your question is overly broad. Please explain what kind of integration you're after.

Hi

the requirement is not clear from client side.only they want to know Mainframe migration is possible or not in outsystems.because i am unable to find any document in outsystems site.if you have any reference file or link can you please share with me.

Hi Arkyadeep,

If you do not know what kind of migration or integration (two different things!) you need to get it clear from your client. Always first get your requirements clear!

That said, when talking about integration, what are we talking about? Integration with services? Integration with the database? As for migration, are we talking data migration?

Sorry it was my mistake.i want to know regarding integration.i have some data regarding customer.from Outsystem I have to do intregation through mainframe platform to update the customer data to another db.

Hi Arkyadeep,

Start here. For using a mainframe database, you'll probably need to write an extension for it, as OutSystems can integrate to MSSQL, Oracle and DB2.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Arkyadeep,

Start here. For using a mainframe database, you'll probably need to write an extension for it, as OutSystems can integrate to MSSQL, Oracle and DB2.

means i can create extension in C# and with the help of Extension i can connect mainframe backend database and can access.

Yes, that's the basic idea. The details should be present in the documentation on the OutSystems website (the link I supplied above should be a good starting point.)