How communication between widget and parent page works on Outsystems 11

How communication between widget and parent page works on Outsystems 11

Hi everyone,

The communication between the widgets and parent page changed on Outsystems 11. If you start using the new version you will find that Notify and NotifyGetMessage were deprecated. To accomplish the same behavior on Outsystems 11 you need to use the events of the widgets. In attachment I created a simple example of what you should do to send information that is inside a widget to the parent page something that was done before with Notify.

Regards,

Marcelo

Ho Marcelo,

Thanks for sharing this. I think the new evens on webblocks is a great improvement, would like to see more features introduced in OutSystems Mobile to make it to OutSystems Web.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Marcelo,

Thanks for this, it helped me understand the events. But is there any way to return information from a popup with events? Because I created a web block with the popup in it, but I can't use a web block as destination from the button. And if I add it to a page,

Regards,

Loïc

Hi Loic,

For popups you still need to use Deprecated_Notify and Deprecated_NotifyGetMessage . This was something that Outsystems overlook and I hope they fix it in later releases.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo, 

Olá Marcelo,
Desculpe pelo Inglês.
Estou usando o OS11, e uma simples pesquisa parou de funcionar, e está da seguinte forma.
Tenho um botão Ajax, chamando o refresh, a ação não executa quando está com esse método, basta trocar para Submit e funciona, você saberia o porque ?