How to copy objects between applications

How to copy objects between applications

  

I know I can reference objects form another applications in my application. But what if I want to copy objects from one application to another?

Basically, I created a web block in application A. Then I decided that the application B is a better place for this web block definition. I do not want to re-create it from scratch. What can I do?...

Thank you!

Hi Alexander,

Just cut & paste them.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Alexander, 

As Daniel suggested you can cut & paste them but need to careful references(if any structure/entities/actions) created in that module.


Regards

-SK-

Hi Alexander,

you can Copy and paste the object only if the server is same, if both are in the different server let say A application is in Dev Env and you want to copy the object in B which is in  QA ENV. then you need to do the IPP.

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Licensing/Intellectual_Property_Protection_(IPP)/01_What_is_IPP_(Intellectual_Property_Protection)


Thanks

Rajendra Singh

Raj wrote:

Hi Alexander,

you can Copy and paste the object only if the server is same, if both are in the different server let say A application is in Dev Env and you want to copy the object in B which is in  QA ENV. then you need to do the IPP.

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Licensing/Intellectual_Property_Protection_(IPP)/01_What_is_IPP_(Intellectual_Property_Protection)


Thanks

Rajendra Singh

This is not true, Raj.

There is no need to pass an app through IPP if the environments are in the same Infra-Structure. 

Cheers.


Yes Eduardo is correct ,

If the infrastructure Activation Code is same than the code can be copied and paste in any of the environment without doing IPP transfer.

IPP only require when you want your code to be deployed or copied\paste in infrastructure with different platform Activation key.


Regards

-PJ-


Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Raj wrote:

Hi Alexander,

you can Copy and paste the object only if the server is same, if both are in the different server let say A application is in Dev Env and you want to copy the object in B which is in  QA ENV. then you need to do the IPP.

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Licensing/Intellectual_Property_Protection_(IPP)/01_What_is_IPP_(Intellectual_Property_Protection)


Thanks

Rajendra Singh

This is not true, Raj.

There is no need to pass an app through IPP if the environments are in the same Infra-Structure. 

Cheers.

Yes Eduarod you are right..my apology i was trying to say the same.


Thanks

Rajendra Singh


Thank you all for the replies. 

Of course, copy and paste was the first thing I tried. It did not work. The applications are in the same environment. I copied the web block from the UI flow of the app A. When I try to paste it to the UI flow in app B, the Paste command was grayed.

Are there any other restrictions? Do the apps have to be of the same type (like both web, or both mobile)? Does the source app have to be published before I copy?...



Alexander Hagen-Thorn wrote:

Thank you all for the replies. 

Of course, copy and paste was the first thing I tried. It did not work. The applications are in the same environment. I copied the web block from the UI flow of the app A. When I try to paste it to the UI flow in app B, the Paste command was grayed.

Are there any other restrictions? Do the apps have to be of the same type (like both web, or both mobile)? Does the source app have to be published before I copy?...



The source app doesn't have to be published before you copy. But yeah, the apps have to be of the same type. You can only copy from web to web and mobile to mobile app. That's why the paste command was grayed out.


Alam Khandakar Tareq wrote:

... But yeah, the apps have to be of the same type. You can only copy from web to web and mobile to mobile app. That's why the paste command was grayed out.

That is not entirely correct.

You can copy non-visual server elements, like server entities and server actions between mobile and web modules.
Only the visual and client side elements are not possible to copy.

Cheers.


Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Alam Khandakar Tareq wrote:

... But yeah, the apps have to be of the same type. You can only copy from web to web and mobile to mobile app. That's why the paste command was grayed out.

That is not entirely correct.

You can copy non-visual server elements, like server entities and server actions between mobile and web modules.
Only the visual and client side elements are not possible to copy.

Cheers.


Yeah that's right. You can copy...
But I was referring to his last reply about copying Web Block from UI flow.


By the way, thank you.


Solution