Notify deprecated in Service Studio 11, what can I use to replace it?

Notify deprecated in Service Studio 11, what can I use to replace it?

Greetings,

First of all, I have been messing around with OutSystems for around 3 days, so I'm in the novice side for now.

I'm following a Web App Guide from the courses list This One, and I kinda got stuck in the "Ajax and Reusable Ui - Web Blocks and reusability exercise" I got asked to use the notify action, which was deprecated, so I used the deprecated_notify action which ended up being fine, now I was asked to use an Assign in which I have to use the variable "GetUserMovieRating.List.Current.UserMovieRating.Rating" with the value "TextToInteger(NotifyGetMessage())", which is giving me an error, "Unknown function NotifyGetMessage" in expression, what can I use to pass this?

Hi Fábio,

In OutSystems 11 for Web you now have the same functionallity introduced in Outsystems 10 for mobile, events and eventhandlers with strong typed parameters. This is a great improvement over using the notify where you can only pass a string value.

Please read:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Reuse_UI/Propagate_Changes_From_a_Block_to_the_Parent

Regards,

Daniel

wrote:

Hi Fábio,

In OutSystems 11 for Web you now have the same functionallity introduced in Outsystems 10 for mobile, events and eventhandlers with strong typed parameters. This is a great improvement over using the notify where you can only pass a string value.

Please read:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Reuse_UI/Propagate_Changes_From_a_Block_to_the_Parent

Regards,

Daniel

Hey Daniel,

Thanks for the quick answer, there's still a thing I don't get:

In step c) I'm supposed to set a message on notify, the message being "StarIterator.List.CurrentRowNumber +1", how am I supposed to do this with the events?

Solution

Hi Fábio,

If you choose to keep following that exercise without recurring to events, you can do so by opening Manage Dependencies (ctrl + q) and search for "Notify" action in Public elements section:

Click Ok, and it should work. Forward in the Exercise, if you encounter related issues, keep in mind that your "Notify" is now "Deprecated_Notify".

Cheers,
Carlos

Solution

Fábio Rodrigues wrote:

wrote:

Hi Fábio,

Please read:

Regards,

Daniel

Hey Daniel,

Thanks for the quick answer, there's still a thing I don't get:

In step c) I'm supposed to set a message on notify, the message being "StarIterator.List.CurrentRowNumber +1", how am I supposed to do this with the events?

You can create an output parameter to the webblock event of type long integer and assign the StartIterator.List.CurrentRowNumber + 1 to it.

Or do what Carlos wrote and stick to how things are done in OS10.