[Secure Device Plugin] How to change the default message of security plugin

Forge Component
(0)
Published on 2018-05-25 by André Vieira
0 votes
Published on 2018-05-25 by André Vieira

Hi,

Good day,

We would like to ask if possible to change the default message of security plugin. Our BU want to change the default message for android and ios. I hope we can receive a feedback. Thank you

Hi Reuben,

Yes it is possible, but you have to fork the code in GitHub and update the plugin to point to the new GitHub location.

Regards

André Vieira wrote:

Hi Reuben,

Yes it is possible, but you have to fork the code in GitHub and update the plugin to point to the new GitHub location.

Regards

Hi, 

can you elaborate on how to do it? I forked the code and made the update in the Extensibility Configuration to the forked code... how to proceed from here if I want to customize the message that is being displayed to the users?

Thanks in advanced,

Dudi Levi 

Hi Dudi,

The plugin already uses localized strings so it should be fairly straightforward to add a new language.

Within iOS folder you will find a secureDevice.bundle with several folders one for each language. Replicate the folder structure and files for the language you want to add and edit the Localizable.strings document.

Within Android the process is very similar, but the folder and files names are different.

I hope this helps.

BTW, This is all assuming you forked from my Git repo and not from any other fork already created...

André Vieira wrote:

BTW, This is all assuming you forked from my Git repo and not from any other fork already created...

Hi Andr’e,

Thanks for your reply.

This is exactly what I’v Done but still nothing... here’s the steps:

1. I’ve forked the code to my git account 

2. I’ve made the changes as you instructed (directly in GitHub)

3. I created a tag version using git bash

4. In service studio I created a blank module 

5. In the blank module I updated the extensibility configuration with url to the forked version + #mytagversion

6. I added the module to my app using manage dependency 

7. I added the module client action in the application ready

8. Publish & generated

Am I missing something?

Many thanks,

Dudi

Apparently, you forked from the OutSystemsExperts repo which might have a different implementation...

Regarding your steps, I may have not fully understood what you said but #5 seems incorrect. You don't need to create a blank module. You should open the SecureDevice module and edit the extensibility configuration to point to your repo + tag. Don't forget that you need to generate a new build of the native app.