Mobile image capture

Mobile image capture

Me again.  Hope everyone is having a great day.

I have an app that asks the user if they would like to take a picture using the phone's camera or use an image already on the phone.  The taking the image part I have down.  It is how I get the image from the phone that has me boggled.

Hi Andrew,

And with "how i get the image from the phone" you mean?

What is it what you want to do with the image?

If it is that you want to store it on the OutSystems server you can write it to an entity with an attribute set to Binary.

If your mobile app needs to work also offline you could store it in a LocalEntity and sync it to the server.

Anyhow, I think you get a better more detailed answer if you also describe your requirements in a bit more detail, and maybe tell what you did try yourself and which problem you ran into.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi,

Please refer to understand the camera plugin.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/4161/foodwastage/?Unfollow=False

Thanks!

In my module, I ask the user to add an image. This would be stored as a binary entity.  I would like to offer two options.

Choice one is to use the camera add the image using the camera plugin

Choice two would be to add the photo from the gallery already on the phone.

I have a button "Get Photo"  That triggers a popup, the popup has two buttons, "From Camera" and "From Gallery"

I have the logic for the "From Camera"  I don't know how to move the image file from the gallery to the binary entity when the "From Gallery" is pressed

Hi,

U should use browse/upload image.

Thanks!

Where would I find that?

Andrew Finkelstein wrote:

Where would I find that?

I am sooooo close to figuring this out. I have put the upload widget in a popup. (Can I do That) It allows me to select the image.  I have a local variable set and of the data type Binary Data.  I have a button that should allow the user to save the image to the local table.  So far no luck. I know its something simple

I have enclosed the oml so you can understand what I am trying to do

I am sooooo close to figuring this out. I have put the upload widget in a popup. (Can I do That) It allows me to select the image.  I have a local variable set and of the data type Binary Data.  I have a button that should allow the user to save the image to the local table.  So far no luck. I know its something simple

I have enclosed the oml so you can understand what I am trying to do

Dear Andrew

Why you are taking it into a popup? Do you want to add single image or multiple images?

I f you want to add single image then directly put the upload control on screen. When user will click on it, it will ask to select or click an image.

Regards,

I would like the user to have the ability to add photos using both methods.  Using the camera and taking files from the phone.  The popup is there to set up how the image is captured.

Solution

I would like the user to have the ability to add photos using both methods.  Using the camera and taking files from the phone.  The popup is there to set up how the image is captured.

Hi Andrew 

If you will add Upload control on your screen it will ask you to choose:

Hope it will help you. Please mark as solution if your problem is resolved.

Regards,

Solution

Thank you all for the help.  I now have it working the way I wanted too.