How to change mobile app date format dd-mm-yyyy to mm-dd-yyyy

How to change mobile app date format dd-mm-yyyy to mm-dd-yyyy

I want to change date format for mobile app, How do i do that. Default date format(Input type) is dd-mm-yyyy and i want my date format to be mm-dd-yyyy. I have tried couple of things i.e. Changed the environment configuration settings Date format to MM-DD-YYYY, did not work. Also tried with popup but its taking dd-mm-yyyy only.

Thanks,

Hitesh

Hi Hitesh,

Check out this post by an OutSystems employee; (Mobile apps follow the device settings for date and number format).

Hi Sam,

Thanks for reply, I already read that post you suggest it's not what i was looking for.

-Hitesh

Hi Hitesh,

In Outsystems Mobile, you can use the following Built In function.
Checkout this link.

Example:

Syntax:
FormatDateTime(#2015-06-09 10:05:20#, "ddd, dd MMM yyyy")

Result:
Tue, 09 Jun 2015

Regards,
Palak Patel

Hi Palak,

Thank's for reply, i tried this one too. But my case is when i click on the input box or calendar icon it prompts me calendar popup where i can select my date. if my selected date is 1 Oct 2018 it should be enter inside the text input box is 10-01-2018 which should be MM-DD-YYYY format. 

-Hitesh

Hi Hitesh,

Are you set "Input Type" in input text 'Date' ?

Regards,

Muhammad Agil

Hi Muhammad,

Yes, I am using Input type as Date.

-Hitesh

Hi Hitesh,

You need to put a textbox and bind that textbox with a variable(SelectedDateVar) date type.

You need to call event Calendar on change and using formatDateTime function you can change datetime format as per requirement.

Regards

-SK-