[Speech Recognition Plugin] Recording takes too many time to recognize (IOS) - Speech to text

[Speech Recognition Plugin] Recording takes too many time to recognize (IOS) - Speech to text

Forge Component
(8)
Published on 2017-04-28 by Miguel 'Kelter' Antunes
8 votes
Published on 2017-04-28 by Miguel 'Kelter' Antunes

HI,

I am trying this plugin to convert speech to text,

In Android, the behaviour is working as expected. (I am getting the text within seconds)

But in IOS, the text is taking too many time (3-4 min).

Should I need to configure anything specific to IOS?

Thanks,

Keerthi

Hi Keerthi,

for the iOS you have to explicitly call the stopListening action, are you doing this?

Cheers,
Miguel

Hey Miguel,

Thanks for your reply,

I created an action like this.

So do you want me to use stop listening as a separate client action and call here?

You only need to use the stopListening for iOS, so I advise you to do that validation before calling the action.

But yeah, it should work like that. Let me know if it works, meanwhile I'll also create a sample to see if I can get it working.

The few times I used this plugin, I had a button that would start listening ontouchstart and stoplistening ontouchend for iOS.

Not sure if this is what you have in mind but since you need to stoplistening I think it's what makes sense on a UX perspective.

It's quite straightforward but I can build a sample if you need.

Hope it helps

Henrique Batista wrote:

The few times I used this plugin, I had a button that would start listening ontouchstart and stoplistening ontouchend for iOS.

Not sure if this is what you have in mind but since you need to stoplistening I think it's what makes sense on a UX perspective.

It's quite straightforward but I can build a sample if you need.

Hope it helps

Hey Henrique,

Thanks, But Actually, I don't use the button to do separate action, that's not my need.

I am doing some voice recognization something related to google search in mobile.. 

so my need is to use both starts and stop in a single flow (Action) 

Interesting, can you please post here the outcome if you're able to overcome the challenge?

Would like to know how to do it that way.

Thanks

Let me explain from the beginning what I am trying to achieve.

When the user clicks the mick icon,

I am doing this following action

In Android, everything works fine.

I am getting the text (which I assigned from speech output) in the textbox within some 3- 10 seconds,

But In IOS,

The listening takes too much of time (min 40-50 sec).

Now i guess, you have understood the problem I am facing.