How to connect to azure cosmos db

How to connect to azure cosmos db

Hi,

I have been trying to  connect to azure cosmos db through service center of my personal-cloud environment. Usually for connecting our application to azure cosmos db we need to provide connection string . But on outsysystems when I select the server type as azure  for connecting to new database  it does not give any field to write connection string. Can you please help me to connect my outsystems application to azure cosmos db?

Hello Shashankit,

When you select an option and fill in the details (there is an advanced options also, if you need), the connection string will be constructed using those data (database name, server address, username, pass, etc).

So, there is no need to build a connecction string.

Are you receiving any error when you test the connection?

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Shashankit,

When you select an option and fill in the details (there is an advanced options also, if you need), the connection string will be constructed using those data (database name, server address, username, pass, etc).

So, there is no need to build a connecction string.

Are you receiving any error when you test the connection?

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

Yeah, it worked for azure sql server but when I'm trying to connect to azure cosmos db it says the parameters that I'm passing in the connection string are not supported. Do you have any idea about how we can connect outsystems to azure cosmos db?

Hello Shashankit,

I've been reading about cosmos and I don't think you will be able to connect to its databases, as they do not seen do be sql databases, but doc and other types of database.

I'll ask OutSystems, but if the database is not an SQL database, it will not work (I think).

If that's the case, you will need to write a wrapper in C# through an extension to access it.

Cheers.