Maximum Binary length? Truncation error

Maximum Binary length? Truncation error

Hey all,

Does anyone know what the max binary size OutSystems will take? I'm working with some massive binary files and it seems like it doesn't want to do the function I want it to do because the binary is so long.

This binary is passed into a module that uploads that binary data into SharePoint, this process practically takes binary, turns it into it's original file (in this case a PDF), then uploads it to our companies SharePoint site.

This is the error I'm getting:

Has anyone run into this issue before? Or have you found a work around?

Thanks!

Solution

Hi Braeden,

That error can only occur if you are storing something to the database that's too large to put in there. If I understand you correctly, you are sending the binary to SharePoint, does that entail you storing the binary in the local database first?

That said, most of the time that error occurs is when you try to store a Text Attribute that is too long.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Braeden,

That error can only occur if you are storing something to the database that's too large to put in there. If I understand you correctly, you are sending the binary to SharePoint, does that entail you storing the binary in the local database first?

That said, most of the time that error occurs is when you try to store a Text Attribute that is too long.

Hey Kilian,

I ended up finding that it wasn't my binary but it was a text string that was accidentally set to 50 characters (when it stores data that's longer).

Tried to delete this post but it wouldn't let me lol.

It's been solved!

Hi Braeden,

Good to see you found the culprit. No need to delete the post, it might help others having the same problem.