REST Consumed - Data Corrupted

REST Consumed - Data Corrupted

I call an external web service that return message "Curr coll status # 1" .. not equal1, but Outsystems REST consume it as:

""value"" : [ ""Curr coll status â?  1"",

In the way to Outsystems, there is an API gateway, and it is recorded that the message is "Curr coll status # 1". UNfortunately, when i trace in the on After response the message is wrong.

thank you

Hi Box,

Is this an observation or a question to the community? 

hi mARCO,

It is a question, how come the respond is different between the API gateway and when i debug in Outsystems?

regards

It is weird, when i try in the TEST REST, the result is correct, but if i debug or run it, the respond is that strange characters... something that it is not a unicode? Or do we need to give request data with that unicode so Outsystems can generate UTF code, instead of text?

regards 

Hi Box,

What is your code context of execution, and what is the HTML encoding type the REST API service is using?

Hi Box,

First, the Platform should fully support Unicode everwhere, so what you're seeing is a bit unexpected. However, I can think of several ways this could go wrong, the very first being that the external REST service sends a wrong character encoding, i.e. it sends Unicode in UTF-8 format, but doesn't send a charset or a wrong charset in the header. Did you enable debugging of the API? If so, if you download the HTTP trace from Service Center and open it in a UTF-8-capable editor, what do you see then?

Solution

Hi Sirs,

Thank you.. i found link with same case and with answee in here https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/16634/rest-encoding-problem/

Solution

Thanks for the feedback!