Lifetime Changing Application

So we have Dev, Test, Production.

For Test and Production they pretty much are the same, but our Dev has been totally far apart (code wise)

We want to keep Dev but as another App name, so I renamed it. While we want to deploy the same application as Test/Production so we can use start developing the app in Test and use lifetime to deploy to Test and Production. 

But after renaming it, Outsystems still recognized the newly renamed Dev app is the same as the Test / Production version. Therefore seems like I have to override it.

Is there a way I don't have to override it?

Hi David Chen,

Please Clone the application for the requirements you have mentioned and Renaming the application name in the dev will lead to the renaming in the test and production as the application espaceid associated with the application will still remain the same.

Please clone the current version of the app and name the appropriate name for the clone suitable to your requirement then publish the clone with the new name

Thanks

kirit guntuk wrote:

Hi David Chen,

Please Clone the application for the requirements you have mentioned and Renaming the application name in the dev will lead to the renaming in the test and production as the application espaceid associated with the application will still remain the same.

Please clone the current version of the app and name the appropriate name for the clone suitable to your requirement then publish the clone with the new name

Thanks

If I clone the current Dev version and publish it. Will the current data in the database be carry over to the clone? And if the data is carried over, is it duplicated data? Because what I want is to maintain the current data also. 

Hi David,

The Data wont be copied from original app.

The cloned app will be blank.