Mobile - Removing event listener on Tab widget

Mobile - Removing event listener on Tab widget

Hi everyone,

I currently have a tab widget on a page which has list widgets inside of them. The list supports a swipe-left delete action, but when I try to delete something on the list, the tabs begin to change and ultimately I can't delete anything on the list.

What I've Tried:

I've looked at the chrome dev console and found the event listener which handles the touchstart. Upon removing it in the console, I find that I can successfully delete items without changing tabs.

So I've tried to go to my OnReady client action and to implement a JS script that targets the ancestor by ID, and to remove the event listener completely, but that hasn't worked. I've tried it on the OnRender action and it didn't work either.

Example:

$("#b5-tabscontent").off("touchstart");

I should mention that I first need to populate the list widget on the screen before I try it.

Am I targeting the right thing? 

Hi Ala,

You have an action  OutSystems UI/ Silk UI that does that, it's called "DisableTabsSwipe" and it's pretty straightforward to use.

Hope it helps, cheers

Henrique Batista wrote:

Hi Ala,

You have an action  OutSystems UI/ Silk UI that does that, it's called "DisableTabsSwipe" and it's pretty straightforward to use.

Hope it helps, cheers

Is this a forge component that came out for OS11? I'm having trouble finding what you're talking about.
Ala

Solution

You're trying to disable the swipe from the tabs, right? not from the list items?

Nope, it exists on silk ui mobile (Mobile Patterns), as you can see here:

Is this what you're looking for?

Cheers

Solution

Excellent! Thank you for this!!! 

Henrique Batista wrote:

You're trying to disable the swipe from the tabs, right? not from the list items?

Nope, it exists on silk ui mobile (Mobile Patterns), as you can see here:

Is this what you're looking for?

Cheers

I am having trouble however in selecting the tab to disable the swipe for. It expects a Text data type, but the tabs are ordered by integers. How do I identify a tab as a text string? 

NEVERMIND: I think I got it. Thanks again.

Just to make sure, you need to add a name to the Tabs component on the screen, and you need to use that as the input of that action.

See below image

It disables for all tabs, not sure if that's what you were looking for though.

Cheers

Henrique Batista wrote:

Just to make sure, you need to add a name to the Tabs component on the screen, and you need to use that as the input of that action.

See below image

It disables for all tabs, not sure if that's what you were looking for though.

Cheers

Exactly what I needed! Thanks again!