[SocialLogin] How to start a user session after social login?

[SocialLogin] How to start a user session after social login?

Forge Component
(4)
Published on 2017-03-07 by Raul Serôdio
4 votes
Published on 2017-03-07 by Raul Serôdio

I have downloaded and installed this component and was able to get it to work just like in the example. So i can login on LinkedIn and receive the data from the LinkedIn profile. What i am unable to find is any documentation or example on what the intended way is on how to turn this data into an actual user session in the app. So I can let the social user behave like a normal user. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Matthijs,

I never worked with this component but when I worked with others what you need to do is to create an Outsystems user and login with it. User espace have the tables and actions that you need to accomplish this.

Regards,

Marcelo

Matthijs Goense wrote:

I have downloaded and installed this component and was able to get it to work just like in the example. So i can login on LinkedIn and receive the data from the LinkedIn profile. What i am unable to find is any documentation or example on what the intended way is on how to turn this data into an actual user session in the app. So I can let the social user behave like a normal user. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Matthijs,

This component provides you an easy way to retrieve user details from certain providers like facebook or instagram,

The way you integrate this external user data with your application is entirely up to you and out of scope of this component.

Kind regards