CK Editor Print Icon

CK Editor Print Icon

Hi Guys,

I Notice that CK Editor has the Print Icon built-in to it. Does anybody use this?

When I tried to hit the print icon and check the output it has this richwidget expression? 

Can this be remove?

OUTPUT RESULT: There is this rich text editor on top of the Paper.

Best Regards

Hi Michael,

If you select the CKEditor icon on your page you will see that one of the properties is Config:

You can edit this as follows (for example) to remove certain icons, or change the groups and the order they are displayed:

"toolbarGroups: [
        { name: 'document', groups: [ 'mode', 'document', 'doctools' ] },
        { name: 'clipboard', groups: [ 'clipboard', 'undo' ] },
        { name: 'editing', groups: [ 'find', 'selection', 'spellchecker', 'editing' ] },
        { name: 'forms', groups: [ 'forms' ] },
        { name: 'basicstyles', groups: [ 'basicstyles', 'cleanup' ] },
        { name: 'paragraph', groups: [ 'list', 'indent', 'blocks', 'align', 'bidi', 'paragraph' ] },
        { name: 'links', groups: [ 'links' ] },
        { name: 'insert', groups: [ 'insert' ] },
        '/',
        { name: 'styles', groups: [ 'styles' ] },
        { name: 'colors', groups: [ 'colors' ] },
        { name: 'tools', groups: [ 'tools' ] },
        { name: 'others', groups: [ 'others' ] },
        { name: 'about', groups: [ 'about' ] }
    ],

removeButtons: 'NewPage,Textarea,TextField,Form,Checkbox,Radio,Select,Button,ImageButton,HiddenField,Blockquote,Language,BidiRtl,BidiLtr,Indent,Outdent,RemoveFormat,CopyFormatting,About,Image,Flash,Table,Smiley,SpecialChar,PageBreak,Iframe,SelectAll,Templates,Cut,Copy,Paste,PasteText,PasteFromWord,Print,Find,Replace,Scayt,Font,CreateDiv,Save'"

You can tweak this almost endlessly, and you will find a lot more documentation here: https://ckeditor.com/docs/ckeditor4/latest/guide/index.html that goes into a lot more depth.

However, in the example above, you can use the removeButtons option and list the button 'Print' to remove it in your case.

Russell Codd wrote:

Hi Michael,

If you select the CKEditor icon on your page you will see that one of the properties is Config:

You can edit this as follows (for example) to remove certain icons, or change the groups and the order they are displayed:

"toolbarGroups: [
        { name: 'document', groups: [ 'mode', 'document', 'doctools' ] },
        { name: 'clipboard', groups: [ 'clipboard', 'undo' ] },
        { name: 'editing', groups: [ 'find', 'selection', 'spellchecker', 'editing' ] },
        { name: 'forms', groups: [ 'forms' ] },
        { name: 'basicstyles', groups: [ 'basicstyles', 'cleanup' ] },
        { name: 'paragraph', groups: [ 'list', 'indent', 'blocks', 'align', 'bidi', 'paragraph' ] },
        { name: 'links', groups: [ 'links' ] },
        { name: 'insert', groups: [ 'insert' ] },
        '/',
        { name: 'styles', groups: [ 'styles' ] },
        { name: 'colors', groups: [ 'colors' ] },
        { name: 'tools', groups: [ 'tools' ] },
        { name: 'others', groups: [ 'others' ] },
        { name: 'about', groups: [ 'about' ] }
    ],

removeButtons: 'NewPage,Textarea,TextField,Form,Checkbox,Radio,Select,Button,ImageButton,HiddenField,Blockquote,Language,BidiRtl,BidiLtr,Indent,Outdent,RemoveFormat,CopyFormatting,About,Image,Flash,Table,Smiley,SpecialChar,PageBreak,Iframe,SelectAll,Templates,Cut,Copy,Paste,PasteText,PasteFromWord,Print,Find,Replace,Scayt,Font,CreateDiv,Save'"

You can tweak this almost endlessly, and you will find a lot more documentation here: https://ckeditor.com/docs/ckeditor4/latest/guide/index.html that goes into a lot more depth.

However, in the example above, you can use the removeButtons option and list the button 'Print' to remove it in your case.

Hi Russel,

What I want to achieve is that when I use the Print Functionality that is built in to the CKEditor , the printed output should not append this value. Please see below picture

The encircle value above is automatically being append when you send the document to the printer using the CK Editor Print Functionality.

Sample Printed output. Encircle in RED are automatically being added

Ah, my mistake, I thought you were asking how to remove the print icon.

As far as I'm aware, the settings to print the document name, page number and headers are held against the printer. Have you tried clicking the properties button from your first screenshot and seeing if you can access these settings there?

Russell Codd wrote:

Ah, my mistake, I thought you were asking how to remove the print icon.

As far as I'm aware, the settings to print the document name, page number and headers are held against the printer. Have you tried clicking the properties button from your first screenshot and seeing if you can access these settings there?

Yes, I have and I did not see anything that I can use to remove those values that are being automatically being append when sending to printer.

Hi Michael,

These printed blocks are browser settings. You can turn them off in the settings menu of your browser. 

Find how to for your browser here: https://www.helpteaching.com/help/print/index.htm

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga