Active directory updating outsystem ossys_user is_active

Active directory updating outsystem ossys_user is_active

Hi, 

Issue: When a user is inactive in the AD the Outsystem is updating the ossys_user is_active to 0. Currently we had an issue with the user AD and this keeps on updating the ossys_user is_active column where as the user is still active, is any one know how to make sure the AD check does not update the is_active even though we are using AD authentication. 

Thanks 

Saravan

Hi Saravanan,

By default, if you use Active Directory authentication, the attributes that are present in the System User entity and in the Active Directory are automatically updated when you login (Name, Email, Active, etc...).

You will not be able to achieve what you want, unless you clone the Users eSpace and create some custom actions according to your needs, but personaly I wouldn't recommend you doing it.

Best Regards,

Diogo Romero

Instead of cloning you can choose to extend the user entity instead: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Development_FAQs/How_to_add_extra_logic_to_Users'_login

Though you will probably have to change all code checking for is_active.... to check for another attribute instead?

Romero wrote:

Hi Saravanan,

By default, if you use Active Directory authentication, the attributes that are present in the System User entity and in the Active Directory are automatically updated when you login (Name, Email, Active, etc...).

You will not be able to achieve what you want, unless you clone the Users eSpace and create some custom actions according to your needs, but personaly I wouldn't recommend you doing it.

Best Regards,

Diogo Romero

Hi Romero, 

thanks for your reply. We found those inactivated AD users their name has been updated as well (and status) and they didn't login how this will happen.

with regards

Saravanan

Hi Saravanan,

I would like to suggest you you should the code which is responsible to update the ossys_entity (Is_Active) and when you AD issue resolved you can revert the changes.

Regards

-SK-