Google dialogflow api.ai

Google dialogflow api.ai

Please, I need to create a chatbot. I installed the Forge APP Sample Chat which together with FireBase implements a local chat. I would like to use this chat in Menssenger. How can I do it? One tip would be to use Google Dialogflow APi.Ai, but how do I use this API within Outsystems?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Dshi1,

Unfortunately, your question is overly broad. Did you check the Google Dialogflow API? What kind of API is it? Is the documentation available? If so, what is it you don't know how to do?

Note that creating a usable chatbot is very difficult. If you are just a novice developer, I'd ask someone with more experience to help you (and if you don't have a collegue like that, give back the assignment!).

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Dshi1,

Unfortunately, your question is overly broad. Did you check the Google Dialogflow API? What kind of API is it? Is the documentation available? If so, what is it you don't know how to do?

Note that creating a usable chatbot is very difficult. If you are just a novice developer, I'd ask someone with more experience to help you (and if you don't have a collegue like that, give back the assignment!).

Hello Kilian, Thanks for the reply.

The task request is to use a bot with business rules that allows to "do" a business through a dialog via Messenger.

I have an APP that simulates a dialog between a user and an application, but this APP is not connected to an external channel that can be accessed by the general public.

I was reading articles about bots and one suggestion would be to use the Google Dialogflow API.IA (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWNUg_v25dw) for three reasons: it's free, it connects to the Menssenger channel and it's easy to program. In the video of the link, there is an explanation of how this API works.

The main question is how to connect to Outsystems. How do I use this API or another one to connect a local chat with a channel like Menssenger, Telegraph or WhatsApp?

I have a good knowledge of Outsystems using the available objects in the Service Desk IDE, but I'm not sure how I could connect to an external API.

Thanks in advance for your help or an indication of how to do it.

Thank you.

Hi Dshi1,

I unfortunately don't have time currently to look at the video. Did you watch it and if so, what kind of API is it? If it's a REST API, you'd start with the OutSystems REST support.