Need to pass a string from a popup editor screen to the parent web screen

Hi,

Title pretty much sums it up,

From my main web screen, I open up a popup editor, in which a string is generated, and I want to bring that string back to my main screen, how can I do this?

The only notify I am able to use is the GetMessage one, and I can't use an event since this isn't a web block, how can I do this?

Solution

Use the Popup_Editor_Notify action.
It accepts a string to send as message.

In the OnNotifyAction you use the NotifyGetMessage action to retrieve the string.

Cheers

Solution

Hi Fabio,

Please follow the below image.

Use Popup_Editor_Notify to provide message to parent screen, This you need to use in your pop up close action after this action you need to use Popup_Editor_Close to close your popup,

Then use NotifyGetMessage in your onnotify action to retrieve the message.

Note: You can only communicate with text data type messages b/w parent and child screens.

Thanks

Ramakrushna Rao Seera

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Use the Popup_Editor_Notify action.
It accepts a string to send as message.

In the OnNotifyAction you use the NotifyGetMessage action to retrieve the string.

Cheers

NotifyGetMessage is deprecated in OS 11. In this case how will we achieve this?  

Shounak Devbhuti wrote:

NotifyGetMessage is deprecated in OS 11. In this case how will we achieve this?  

You can still use it.
If you want to use Popup, you will have to use it.
(I have been using Modal instead of Popups).

There is still no definition about what will happen to Popups in next releases of version 11...

Cheers.

In OS 11 you have the web block pre-build notify now, as the same you has at mobile! (lightning icon) and then you can pass the all information you need

Cheers

follow the example:

Thiago Mari wrote:

follow the example:

I can understand this. But the problem is, normally Popup editors point to normal screens and not web-blocks. Triggers are only available for web-blocks. Hence I cannot send data to the parent screen/web-block which calls the pop-up editor. 

I can think of one workaround, that is to store the values that is needed to be passed to the Parent screen in Session Variables. 

Regards,

Shounak

Shounak Devbhuti wrote:

Thiago Mari wrote:

follow the example:

I can understand this. But the problem is, normally Popup editors point to normal screens and not web-blocks. Triggers are only available for web-blocks. Hence I cannot send data to the parent screen/web-block which calls the pop-up editor. 

I can think of one workaround, that is to store the values that is needed to be passed to the Parent screen in Session Variables. 

Regards,

Shounak

You can has the screen who contain the web block and the you can has the OnNotify from the trigger