[Quick App Template] Quick app template is not compatible with your platform version

[Quick App Template] Quick app template is not compatible with your platform version

Forge Component
(7)
Published on 17 Feb by Scott Karabin
7 votes
Published on 17 Feb by Scott Karabin

Hi Scott

I am attempting to work through the building you first mobile app online training course. When attempting to install the Quick app template I am receiving an incompatibility warning.

Do you have a version that is compatible with Service Studio 11?

I have attempted to install and upgrade but OutSystemsUIMobile seems to be the incompatible component and I have no idea how to fix this.

Thanks

T

Solution

Hi Tony,

Sorry for the difficulty with the template.  We aren't upgrading the Quick App Template to OutSystems 11.  It has a lot of dependencies which also have to be upgraded for everything to work correctly, so we've chosen to simplify things a bit.  There will be a new Build a Mobile App in 2 hours for OutSystems 11 published next week which will not require any application templates.  It will just require a simple data model so that it will be easier to maintain and upgrade in the future.

The data model is built in the new Build a Web App in 2 Hours which is available now in the Courses area.  You can build that app and then you'll be ready for the new Mobile App in 2 Hours course, but it's not required.  When we publish the new Course you can reuse the data model built in the Web App or you will be able to download the data model from the Forge.  It will be available when the Course is published. 

-Scott

Solution

Scott Karabin wrote:

Hi Tony,

Sorry for the difficulty with the template.  We aren't upgrading the Quick App Template to OutSystems 11.  It has a lot of dependencies which also have to be upgraded for everything to work correctly, so we've chosen to simplify things a bit.  There will be a new Build a Mobile App in 2 hours for OutSystems 11 published next week which will not require any application templates.  It will just require a simple data model so that it will be easier to maintain and upgrade in the future.

The data model is built in the new Build a Web App in 2 Hours which is available now in the Courses area.  You can build that app and then you'll be ready for the new Mobile App in 2 Hours course, but it's not required.  When we publish the new Course you can reuse the data model built in the Web App or you will be able to download the data model from the Forge.  It will be available when the Course is published. 

-Scott

The new Mobile App in 2 hours course for OutSystems 11 is already available? I can't found it :/

Rui Sousa wrote:

Scott Karabin wrote:

Hi Tony,

-Scott

The new Mobile App in 2 hours course for OutSystems 11 is already available? I can't found it :/

Hi Rui, no, it's not out there yet.  Still finishing the last few details and working on uploading data model for those who might not want to do the whole Web in 2 Hours course just to do the Mobile one.  Coming soon.

As for now, there is still no new version of the course, or I can't find it... Do you plan to fix that ? 

Fabrice Kinnar wrote:

As for now, there is still no new version of the course, or I can't find it... Do you plan to fix that ? 

Hi Fabrice, yes the new version will be published soon.  Removing this template from the course makes things cleaner and simpler, but it caused a few things to change that required us to build some new parts during the course.  If I can find an official date I'll let you know or I'll ping you here when it's posted.