[Pivot Table] Pivot Table - License

Forge Component
(6)
Published on 2017-10-05 by Gonçalo Borrêga
6 votes
Published on 2017-10-05 by Gonçalo Borrêga

We have downloaded Pivot Table from Forge

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/1141/pivot-table/

for using it for an Application in our Organization.

We understand Pivot Table is in-turn using NReco PivotTable extensions which is a licensed software.

Questions:

1. Is there any licence obligations involving cost for us as we are consuming the component from Forge, which follows a BSD- Licensing model.
  2. For a minor customization of Pivot Table component , we are required to download the latest scripts from NReco PivotTable extensions, how does this impact the licensing?

Thanks,

Raj Manoharan

Solution

Hi Raj

The current version of PivotTable from Forge uses PivotTable.js which is MIT (see PivotTable.js license on Github) and, only for the Aggregator Columns/Rows/Totals sorting, it uses NReco's extensions. The library used from NReco is version 20151118 (available here) which is also MIT.

On to your questions:

1. Only on recent versions did NReco add specific "Free with "powered by" notice" or Commercial licenses. The component does not use them. Do for the version currently in the Forge there are no further obligations licensing wise

2. If you need the latest scripts from NReco, you'll need to comply to the recent licensing requirements. From what I read in their site, there's a free version but it will somehow display a "powered by" tagline (or force you to put it in your application) and a commercial version that avoids that. I'd advise you check with them directly.

Hope this helps clarify

GB

Solution

Hi GB,

Thank you very much for your quick response. It clarified all my queries.

The component was very well developed it perfectly suited our requirement and was easy to implement.

Thank you,

Regards,

Raj