Export table data to excel in mobile app

Export table data to excel in mobile app

Hi,

Can anyone help me exporting the table data (not local storage) from database to Excel in Mobile application.

thanks,

-Dileep

Hi Dileep/Venkata(?),

Export the data to Excel in a Server Action like you would in a Web App, then use the File Plugin or File Transfer Plugin to download it in your Mobile App.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Dileep/Venkata(?),

Export the data to Excel in a Server Action like you would in a Web App, then use the File Plugin or File Transfer Plugin to download it in your Mobile App.

Hi Kilian,

I am not able to find a way to pass the RecordlisttoExcel data to the file plugin. can you please help me with this. Attached the sample oml file where i want to export list of airports from Airport table to excel and send it in an email or download local to phone(ios)

thanks,

-Dileep

Hi Dileep,

For starters, there's no output of the ExportToExcel Action. So you call the Action but it doesn't return the Excel binary. As for the File Plugin, I haven't used it myself, I just know it's often named when it's about saving a file (you can probably search the forum for some examples).

Hi Dileep,

As per the requirement I have created a demo app to export the table data to excel file in phone local storage. I also had generated the .apk file of the application and tested it in my phone and its working fine.

Please find the attachment (.oml).

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,

Benjith Sam