Stop using Outsystems

Hi all, 

What happen if i stop using Outsystems (Enterprise)? What happend to all my app that has been published in production? Do i get all the Source code for all my app? Thanks.

Solution

Hi Nia,

Yes you can get your code. Look if this can help you https://www.outsystems.com/home/document-download/1890/104/0/0

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

Hello.

Yes, you own the code that was generated. There is no lock-in. By leaving OS you just lose the ability of fast development under the best practices, not the result of your previous work.

You can keep everything running in your servers. Same app, same data, same technology. Be aware the code may not be easy to read because it is highly optimized. You need top developers to maintain that code and quality level.

https://success.outsystems.com/Evaluation/Architecture/2_OutSystems_Platform_architecture/10_Standard_architecture_with_no_lock-in

Hi nuno and Marcelo, thanks for your reply.

What happen if i have publish my app (Mobile) to market place (play store / app store). What will happen to those app?  Do i need to re-publish my app to the market place with the new app?

Thanks.

Never did that, but the final site/app is not in OS. The final app is a product ready to use and distributed worldwide.

You need to change some URLs if you migrated from OS cloud to your own server.

Hello nia

That last question is very interesting. I also would like to have an answer. :)

Hi nia,

If is a completely offline app and you don't want a new version you don't need to do anything. The app is in the store and that's it. 

In applications with server side you need to host the server part somewhere.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi nia,

If is a completely offline app and you don't want a new version you don't need to do anything. The app is in the store and that's it. 

In applications with server side you need to host the server part somewhere.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcello, by "Server Side", do you mean if i'm using Outsystem Database?
What if application that i've made only using some Rest API from my independent server (Not from Outsystems)?

Do i need to republish my app in the market place?

Thanks

Hi Nia,

Mobile apps have 2 kind of databases, local an server. If you are only using local database and calling the external API's in client actions you are ok and don't need to republish. But if you are using server database or server actions you will need to set up a new server with the detach code from outsystems.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi, 

Mobile Offline applications that are real useful and never contact the server are a purely theoretical scenario. It's possible to build them but nobody ever will. 

If you stop using outsystems and exercise detach, you will run the server side part of the app in your own server.

In a detach scenario you need to get know how and tools to build the mobile app. And you can change the mobile source code to point to the new server,  rebuild the mobile app and republish to the stores.

Joao