Create a Online Job Application Form by Parent Child forms using OutSystem

Create a Online Job Application Form by Parent Child forms using OutSystem

I'm using OutSystems 11 to create an online job application form for applicant to fill up.  The form consist of 2 parts, Part A is the Parent form used to input the apply position details & Part B is the Child part to input multiple Academic Qualification. 

Is it possible to create a single web form to input the Part A then Part B and finally click "Save" button to save for both Parent & Child records. 

I search from the net and found for the Part B - Child part can be make use of editable table for input but I don't know how to link it up by the Parent Identifier when the record is not update by save. 

Is there any training material or guidance I can reference to solve this issue, thanks!

You will have to create a temp parent identifier to use in your child rows, maybe you can introduce a status attribute for your parent entity called isCompleted (or use a static if you want to hold multiple statuses).

This might create some garbage rows filling up your database, so you will probably want to create a timer that runs every week (or day) to remove all rows that have the isCompleted attribute set to false.

If you do not wish to persist any data to the database until the entire application is setup, you could add a GUID inside the parent and child structures, this way you can link the parent and child (since GUID's should be unique) without storing any data in the database.

Joey Moree wrote:

You will have to create a temp parent identifier to use in your child rows, maybe you can introduce a status attribute for your parent entity called isCompleted (or use a static if you want to hold multiple statuses).

This might create some garbage rows filling up your database, so you will probably want to create a timer that runs every week (or day) to remove all rows that have the isCompleted attribute set to false.

If you do not wish to persist any data to the database until the entire application is setup, you could add a GUID inside the parent and child structures, this way you can link the parent and child (since GUID's should be unique) without storing any data in the database.

Hi Joey, I'm a newbie in Outsystem, can you show me or provide documents for me how to implement the GUID in my case, thanks in advance!