[MQTT Client] problems with pahoClient

Forge Component
(7)
Published on 2017-04-05 by Barduino
7 votes
Published on 2017-04-05 by Barduino

Hello! 

I am using MQTTJS library. 

In my preparation, I'm setting a mqttClient and setting the host, port, clientId, password, and isSSL. Next, I am using a server action with pahoConnect and passing the mqttClient. I have no errors but when I run the app, I have a red alert message saying "pahoConnect is not defined". Anyone can help?

Cheers,
PCG 

Did you Debug in the front end ? did you see any value in the Javascript ?

coder kamath wrote:

Did you Debug in the front end ? did you see any value in the Javascript ?

Problem solved! Thank you @Coder Kamath!  I had to drop a web block that was missing. After that several problems appeared but, I tackled all of them and the POC is working perfectly. Anyone working with mqtt and this library let me know because I can help! 

Pedro, Kamath,

I will gladly add you to the dev team, just make the request!

Cheers

Barduino wrote:

Pedro, Kamath,

Cheers

I am glad to join! I am actually trying to do the same, but in mobile...but this time having more problems, that I did not solve yet... 

Pedro Garcia wrote:

Barduino wrote:

Pedro, Kamath,

Cheers

I am glad to join! I am actually trying to do the same, but in mobile...but this time having more problems, that I did not solve yet... 

The Paho mqtt client should be the same. I can't remember if I made any changes between them. 

The mobile client t is much easier to implement because of the events. However now with P11 we have events for web also. 

Someone reported the on destroy was not working properly but I couldn't convince them to join the team.

Any way looking forward for this and appreciate your interest. I will add you to the mobile version also,just make the request. 

Cheers