[Camera Plugin] Photo library permission

[Camera Plugin] Photo library permission

Forge Component
(11)
Published on 26 Sep by OutSystems R&D
11 votes
Published on 26 Sep by OutSystems R&D

Hi,

There is no permission message being displayed when I try to choose upload via photo library.

Any advise how to solve this?

Attached is the Camera plugin I'm using.

Thanks.

Hi Earvin,

Can you access the photo library from within your mobile app? That's an iOS/Android system permission... if you're not seeing it, it is likely you already granted it to your app before.

How are you running your mobile app, is it a native app or are you running it through OutSystems Now?

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Earvin,

Can you access the photo library from within your mobile app? That's an iOS/Android system permission... if you're not seeing it, it is likely you already granted it to your app before.

How are you running your mobile app, is it a native app or are you running it through OutSystems Now?

Hi,

I can access the photo library within the mobile app. It's working fine in Android but in IOS there is no permission message before I access the photo library while there is permission message when using the camera.

I'm running it via native app.

Can you go check on the Privacy settings if your app has Photos access enabled?... if so you may have inadvertently given permissions when you first open the app.

You can also try and install that app on a different device, and see if that device asks for permissions...

Upon checking there is no photo access under the app settings. I tried installing it in a different device and it does not ask for any permission but it prompts out the gallery immediately. 

Hi All.

The new version has been delivered 4.0.0.

Althrough status "Under Develpment" it can be downloaded, implemented and tested. I did this.

OS Support is awaiting my feedback.
We generate and redistribute, and now we're also awaiting feedback from end users. Because don't have devices with Android 8.0+ at this moment (our main problem occurs at this version).
If anyone can be testing and reporting, we will be very grateful.

Hi,

Yes im using the 4.0 version and its working fine in android 8.0, Im encountering the issue in IOS 11+

Earvin Roldan wrote:

Hi,

Yes im using the 4.0 version and its working fine in android 8.0, Im encountering the issue in IOS 11+

Sorry Earvin... I don't know exactly what consider by yout final comment "Im encountering the issue in IOS 11+"

Did you mean refer like a fail or fixed?

Hi Earvin,

iOS does not require special permissions when showing the Image Picker, as the Image Picker is part of the operating system and the app itself doesn't have access to the Photo Library, only to what the user chooses. You can see an explanation of this here.

Maybe behaviour on Android platform is different and permissions are required even just to choose an image from the gallery (and not really giving your application access to rest of the gallery contents not explicitly chosen by the user)?