Viewing debug sessions

Viewing debug sessions

Is there a way to view the currently running debug sessions for an environment?

For example, if Developer A starts a debug session and then goes off to lunch, can Developer B, who has hit a breakpoint in Dev A's code (and is left with a spinning browser), identify who is running the debug session and (optionally) kill the debugger?

We're running version 9.0, is there a way to do this in 9.0 or any future version?

Solution

HI Douglas,

In Service Studio, you have the debugger toolbar tab user, where you can see all the other users that are also debugging in your module, and you can expand them to see more details.

You can find more information here: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Developing_an_Application/Troubleshooting_Applications/Debugging_Applications/Debugger_Tab_Reference

Regards,

Solution

Marco Arede wrote:

HI Douglas,

In Service Studio, you have the debugger toolbar tab user, where you can see all the other users that are also debugging in your module, and you can expand them to see more details.

You can find more information here: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Developing_an_Application/Troubleshooting_Applications/Debugging_Applications/Debugger_Tab_Reference

Regards,

Thanks Marco, just what I wanted. I'll have to make use of that tab in future!

Douglas Wilkinson wrote:

Is there a way to view the currently running debug sessions for an environment?

For example, if Developer A starts a debug session and then goes off to lunch, can Developer B, who has hit a breakpoint in Dev A's code (and is left with a spinning browser), identify who is running the debug session and (optionally) kill the debugger?

We're running version 9.0, is there a way to do this in 9.0 or any future version?

Hi there Douglas.

How are you?

For kill the debug of other user not is possible, because this information is only local.
Debug information is in "Settings.xml"

C:\Users\Aubay\AppData\Local\OutSystems\ServiceStudio 10.0

I opened the xml using a editor of text

Regards,

Carlos Alfradique