Give us your feedback about your Training experiences!

Give us your feedback about your Training experiences!

Hey there :)

I am Maria from the OutSystems Training Team.

We started collecting some feedback during the OutSystems Developer Conference about our training experiences and we would like to ask you to share with us your thoughts.

Have you attended a Boot Camp, taken a Certification Exam or enrolled for an Online Class? If so, please let us know what you thought about your experience.

This is a pretty quick survey, so leave your 2 cents until Sunday, November 18th.

Go to Survey!

Cheers,

Maria

Shared the link to my team.  My short and sweet - the online courses are fantastic, keep up the great work!  I look forward to updated content for SS11.

Hi Maria,

Why don't you aurhor a book on Outsyatems so that i can read it on a beach like a novel, instead of reading in front of a monitor (my eyes are already tired as every day in front of computer and also get in touch with gadgets).

Regards

It would have been better if trainer would have shown how to create todo app from scratch with live coding 

Hi Box,

Why don't you post your idea on our ideas area at the community so that we can follow-up and consider it?

Many thanks,

Manuel Salgado

Box wrote:

Hi Maria,

Why don't you aurhor a book on Outsyatems so that i can read it on a beach like a novel, instead of reading in front of a monitor (my eyes are already tired as every day in front of computer and also get in touch with gadgets).

Regards

Box wrote:

Hi Maria,

Regards

I am doing one :)
Maybe someone else is also doing. 

Cheers.

Yes!..Horray...Thank you Sir, i'll find it in Kinokuniya Bookstore in Singapore, once you publish it.

cheers, regards, and many thanks

Hi Maria,

I have recently went through some courses, documentation and certifications actually and I have some considerations about this topic:

• Documentation has gone a long way and is really complete serving as a must for an OutSystems developer to get trained;
  • Create filter by "Done" and "Not Done" on the Learn courses page would be really handy;
  • Certifications section outdated and lacking information: for instance, the Expert exam detail sheet states the exam has to be done onsite while this is not true for a while now and does not provide a clear indication of which things to study like the Professional does for example;
  • Tech Lead certification: recently ODC provided the chance for people to register free-of-charge for this certification as long as the subscriber had the Professional level which had to be taken until the end of the year. So far I have not received any email with instructions to take the exam nor any detail is provided regarding the study material and rules for this exam;
  • Doing the exams via ProctorU can be a bit boring since it can take longer than 10 minutes until their assistant realizes you've finished the exam and can wrap it up;
  • The online courses are really helpful and complete covering topics since basic to advanced, even for topics such as HTML / JS, and the level of the speakers is really high, so kudos for that!

Are there any prospects about when further information regarding Tech Lead certification will be provided?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

João

Hi Maria,

I think that lesson materials for each level of certification could be organized like that. Material to associate web, material to associate mobile, material to professional web,etc etc. They already have category, but it's easy to find and organize (in case of attend to certification) like this. 

Best regards,

Ricardo

Hi João,

Those emails were sent to in the beginning of the week for everyone I know that register for it. Maybe you should contact training@outsystems.com directly or create a support case.

Regards,

Marcelo

A book like this is  very helpful.

Hi Maria,

All the training material is very helpful for the OutSystems Developers but for the beginners I think we should have one video where he/she can related his/her Java/.Net concepts with OutSystems basic concept like what is action,Input/output/Local parameters(Similar like creating methods in Java/.net) how to create objects and assign there values.so that he/she can relate Java/.Net concepts with Outsystems concepts.

Thanks for all these amazing videos and docs. :)

Regards,

Manish Pandey

Hi Maria,

Training courses provided by Outsystems are really superb!!! Each and every detail in the basic learning exercises are provided with screenshots and with very minute details. Also exercise is being provided at the end of the training so that one can have hands-on experience and can gain confidence on developing applications. 

Also issues discussed on the forum are very useful and your solutions are appreciated.

Suggestion from my side, those who have faced some real time problems while developing any web or mobile applications should be shared so that new developers are well aware or can take preventive measures to avoid such problems, if any.