Timers not running in personal environment

Timers not running in personal environment

I have a timer scheduled to run on publish. I published but it did not run, so I found the timer in Service Center and clicked Run Now. After clicking Refresh or viewing the timer log, I can see that the timer never executed. I did wait longer than the 20 minute timeout and the action contains a single Advanced SQL that updates a text field for less than 1000 records.

What could prevent timers from running in a Personal Environment?

Thanks,

Solution

Hi Marcos,

To check whether a timer is scheduled to run, you can check the Environment Health page in Service Center (via "Monitoring"). On that same page, you can also check whether the Scheduler runs:

If it doesn't run, that's the answer to your question. In that case, contact OutSystems Support.

Solution

That helps! The Deploy Controller and Scheduler both show warnings: initializing/processing for 1212238 seconds.  Is there a way to restart them?

Hi Marcos,

you can restart the Scheduler service in the the controller where is showing warnings.

Kind regards,

Guilherme

Thanks Guilherme, I don't see a way to restart a service. When I hover over the warnings I get a tooltip with the number of seconds it has been in error, but clicking on the warning icon does nothing.

Marcos,

Again, please contact OutSystems Support. There's no way for you to fix that error.

@Guilherme: the topic already says "personal environment", so that's not something that's possible to do yourself.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Marcos,

Again, please contact OutSystems Support. There's no way for you to fix that error.

@Guilherme: the topic already says "personal environment", so that's not something that's possible to do yourself.

I've misunderstood that. Thanks for warning.

Thanks Kilian, case submitted...