[Screen Action] [Screen Action] How to call WebBockActionCall from another web block?

[Screen Action] [Screen Action] How to call WebBockActionCall from another web block?

Forge Component
(4)
Published on 2 Nov by Matheus Medeiros
4 votes
Published on 2 Nov by Matheus Medeiros

Hi,

I have a web block WB1 (it is the instance name) with an action Action1. When I put it directly on a screen I can call it using WebBlockActionCall with parameters: WebBlockRuntimeId = WB1.Id, ActionName = "Action1". But when I encapsulate this set in an another web block, WebBlockActionCall says (ErrorMessage) that: Fail to find the Web Block with the provided Id.

Can I do that - and how?

Regards

Tomasz

Hello Tomasz,

When you have WB inside WB, you need to use the action Notify in the child WB and pass a Message and on the parent WB you need to use the NotifyGetMessage to get the message and then u can use this message to call your action, the same if you have WB inside WB that is inside WB and so on, Think like if the WB was an island and just see and communicate with what is inside of the island, to communicate to outside you need to call (Send a message ) someone outside the island

Hi,

This is not the case. I don't want to call parent WB action from the child WB but a child WB action from parent. It works (using WebBlockActionCall) when the calling action is placed directly on a screen. But it doesn't work when the calling action is placed on a WB.

Regards

Tomasz