How to open page in new window upon clicking on the button?

How to open page in new window upon clicking on the button?

Hi all,

What I wanted to achieve is:

1) User clicks on a button (Submit method, will pass parameter to destination page)

2) Destination page will open up in a new window (basically, this is a page without any header, footer, buttons. Just for printing purpose)

I tried target _blank before but it didn't work

HI kab,

May i know the error?

Create input parameter in the Destination page assign the destination property of the button to the destination page, which will ask for a parameter value, you can pass the value from the current page. and use the input parameter in the destination page.

I will suggest you to please go through the outsystems training.

Thanks

Rajendra Singh

Rajendra koranga wrote:

HI kab,

May i know the error?

Create input parameter in the Destination page assign the destination property of the button to the destination page, which will ask for a parameter value, you can pass the value from the current page. and use the input parameter in the destination page.

Thanks

Rajendra Singh

Hi Rajendra,

It just won't open up in New Window. It will still open in the same window.

I guess I'll have to style the link to look like a button? https://www.outsystems.com/ideas/2596/open-link-in-another-tab-on-button-click

Rajendra koranga wrote:

HI kab,

May i know the error?

I will suggest you to please go through the outsystems training.

Thanks

Rajendra Singh

Your attached .oml opens up in the same window, not in new window.

I know how to pass parameters around. The problem now is, what should be done so that the Destination page opens up in a new window when the button is clicked. Maybe I just have to use Link that's styled as button

Hi Raju,

In link you need to use extended property target="_blank" as below.

Regards

-SK-

kab wrote:

target= _blank will only work when you set the method to navigate.

Regards,

Pankaj

Pankaj pant wrote:

kab wrote:

Regards,

Pankaj

Yes PP

Hi Pankaj,

If you want to open in new tab then I think method should navigate.

Regards

-SK-

Hi Kab,

if you want the Blank page then assign the target property to "-blank" but as pankaj said

Thanks

Rajendra Singh

Shashi kant Shukla wrote:

Hi Pankaj,

Regards

-SK-

Hi SK,

Arguments of 'Record' data type are not allowed in links with 'Method' property set to 'Navigate'

kab wrote:

Shashi kant Shukla wrote:

Hi Pankaj,

Regards

-SK-

Hi SK,

Arguments of 'Record' data type are not allowed in links with 'Method' property set to 'Navigate'

Any workaround?

Hi Kab,

Summing up previous posts: opening in a new tab/window can be achieved with a Link and the Extended Property target set to _blank.

You can pass Input Parameters to Web Screens with method Navigate, what you cannot do is send form inputs (they are only sent when you use methods Submit or Ajax Submit).

If you want the the Destination Web Screen to not have any header/menu/footer etc (for printing purposes, for instance), you need to make it use a different Layout Web Block (consider Layout_Popup, for instance).

Finally, as a best practice that will likely fix your error, you should not have input parameters of a Screen of any data type other than Basic Data Types. The solution would be to:

• if the record comes from the database, just pass the Id of the record as input parameter to the destination screen, then in the preparation fetch the record from the database.
  • pass the attributes of the record as individual input parameters to your destination screen.

Hope this helps

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Kab,

Summing up previous posts: opening in a new tab/window can be achieved with a Link and the Extended Property target set to _blank.

You can pass Input Parameters to Web Screens with method Navigate, what you cannot do is send form inputs (they are only sent when you use methods Submit or Ajax Submit).

If you want the the Destination Web Screen to not have any header/menu/footer etc (for printing purposes, for instance), you need to make it use a different Layout Web Block (consider Layout_Popup, for instance).

Finally, as a best practice that will likely fix your error, you should not have input parameters of a Screen of any data type other than Basic Data Types. The solution would be to:

• if the record comes from the database, just pass the Id of the record as input parameter to the destination screen, then in the preparation fetch the record from the database.
  • pass the attributes of the record as individual input parameters to your destination screen.

Hope this helps

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for your inputs. Yes I'm using a different layout for the Destination Web Screen (no header, no footer, nothing else except for records).

I think my problem right now is because I'm using Record type as parameter that I want to pass to the Destination Web Screen. I'll try your suggestions.

Thanks a lot.