How to perform substring in Outsystems?

How to perform substring in Outsystems?

Hi all,

What I want to achieve is:

1) Get birth date from National ID (e.g 870213-13-6211) so that the output is the birth date (13/02/1987). Where can I find substring function in Outsystems?

2) At the same time, I need to find out the age of that person with respect to the Current Date.

Thank you.

kab wrote:

Hi all,

1) Get birth date from National ID (e.g 870213-13-6211) so that the output is the birth date (13/02/1987). Where can I find substring function in Outsystems?

2) At the same time, I need to find out the age of that person with respect to the Current Date.

Thank you.

Hi, 

1.there is built-in function available named substr()

2. also there is a function named GetAge() where it returns the age on the birthdate

hope this works for you!!!!

Priya Khade wrote:

kab wrote:

Hi all,

1) Get birth date from National ID (e.g 870213-13-6211) so that the output is the birth date (13/02/1987). Where can I find substring function in Outsystems?

Thank you.

Hi, 

1.there is built-in function available named substr()

2. also there is a function named GetAge() where it returns the age on the birthdate

hope this works for you!!!!

Hi,

I tried to use substr earlier but it wasn't recognized. I don't think that I need to import any dependency right?

I found String_Split under the Text extension.

Solution

Hi Kab,

You can find Substr() function in Built-in-Functions you do not need to import any dependency for that. 

And you can also find GetAge() in WebPattern for this you need to take reference of WebPattern/SilkUI

Regards

-SK-

Solution

Shashi kant Shukla wrote:

Hi Kab,

You can find Substr() function in Built-in-Functions you do not need to import any dependency for that. 

And you can also find GetAge() in WebPattern for this you need to take reference of WebPattern/SilkUI

Regards

-SK-

Hi SK,

Thank you so much! That's exactly what I needed.