Unable to have spaces on input

Unable to have spaces on input

Hi,

I have an input field which is meant to contain text inputs from end users (as shown below)

There is an issue where the end-user is unable to have spaces in the text (as shown below)

Is there a way to enable that? (Ie. could be it an entity attribute issue or property issue of the input) What went wrong or is this supposedly a default for Outsystems?

Thanks

Hi Jiao,

The variable (attribute) assign to that widget is of type Text?

Regards,

Ricardo

Ricardo Pereira wrote:

Hi Jiao,

Regards,

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,

Yes it is!

Cheers

Jiao Hui Lee wrote:

Ricardo Pereira wrote:

Hi Jiao,

Regards,

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,

Yes it is!

Cheers

However, for some reason the type attribute is disabled..

Can you confirm that here you have the correct variable? One time some like this happened to me because I had other variable assigned by mistake:

Yes the variable is correct!

Below is the snap shot of the entity attributes. (if it helps)

Thanks

Ok,

When the end user submit what error is displayed?

Jiao Hui Lee wrote:

Jiao Hui Lee wrote:

Ricardo Pereira wrote:

Hi Jiao,

Regards,

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,

Yes it is!

Cheers

The Type is disabled because you defined the Text Lines as 3. This is possible only for Text type inputs.

Also, as Ricardo pointed you, I would say that you have associated this input with the wrong variable. Be sure it is pointing to the Description field, as the red mark in the typed text is a warning that what you are typing can't be converted to the data type of the variable associated with the input.

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Jiao Hui Lee wrote:

Jiao Hui Lee wrote:

Ricardo Pereira wrote:

Hi Jiao,

Regards,

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,

Yes it is!

Cheers

The Type is disabled because you defined the Text Lines as 3. This is possible only for Text type inputs.

Also, as Ricardo pointed you, I would say that you have associated this input with the wrong variable. Be sure it is pointing to the Description field, as the red mark in the typed text is a warning that what you are typing can't be converted to the data type of the variable associated with the input.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for the input but i have double confirmed that the variable is assigned to the widget's variable but it is still not working.

Cheers.

Do you have any JavaScript that can be interfering with the input?

Cheers.

Hi Jiao Hui Lee,

Can you show us the Widget tree for your screen? It seems something is "stealing" your space keypresses before they reach your input...

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Jiao Hui Lee,

Can you show us the Widget tree for your screen? It seems something is "stealing" your space keypresses before they reach your input...

Hi Jorge,

Here it is.. I realise something interesting. If i were to be quick enough to reach the description field before the page fully loads, i'm able to key in normally with spaces. This will unfortunately stop once the page is done loading.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Cheers.

I have yet to type in any javascript for the page at the moment. So that shouldn't be the case.

Cheers

Jiao Hui Lee wrote:

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Cheers.

I have yet to type in any javascript for the page at the moment. So that shouldn't be the case.

Cheers

This is not true. And the behaviour you told about the input work before the page fully loads says it is probably a JavaScript interfering with it.

Probably a widget or something you have later in page, or in the footer, that has JavaScript and is binding to your input.

Solution

Jiao Hui Lee wrote:

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Jiao Hui Lee,

Hi Jorge,

Here it is.. I realise something interesting. If i were to be quick enough to reach the description field before the page fully loads, i'm able to key in normally with spaces. This will unfortunately stop once the page is done loading.

Cheers

Can you temporarily place your DocumentUploadForm outside the NavigationTab, and remove the NavigationTab completely, to see if the strange behaviour is due to some interaction with the Tabs pattern? 

Solution

Jorge Martins wrote:

Jiao Hui Lee wrote:

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Jiao Hui Lee,

Hi Jorge,

Cheers

Can you temporarily place your DocumentUploadForm outside the NavigationTab, and remove the NavigationTab completely, to see if the strange behaviour is due to some interaction with the Tabs pattern? 

Yes! You are right! The navigation tab was what caused it to stop working! THANKS SO MUCHHH

Cheers

Hello Jiao,

I just ran into the same issue. Did you solve it by not using the navigation\tabs or did you find a way to use both navigation tabs and still be able to input using spaces?

If it's not possible I will create a support case for this, it seems to undesired behaviour.

Best Regards,

Marleen Kock wrote:

Hello Jiao,

I just ran into the same issue. Did you solve it by not using the navigation\tabs or did you find a way to use both navigation tabs and still be able to input using spaces?

If it's not possible I will create a support case for this, it seems to undesired behaviour.

Best Regards,

Hi Marleen,

Apologies for the late reply. Yes I used another Navigation\Tab Widget which works well the input spaces issue.

If you are using the Navigation Widget (shown below), it would cause the input type to have an issue. You may follow this thread first to ensure that your attributes and links are set correctly. You can first try to move your inputs outside of the Tabs to check if its the navigation tab issue.

As an alternative for TAB widgets, i used another widget (shown below), where you may import this from WebPatterns.

Hope this would help.

Regards,

Jiao Hui