Sidebar Close without Swipe

Sidebar Close without Swipe

  

Hai,

I am creating sidebar,the sidebar is opened with a swipe,The sidebar doesn't close with the "Close Sidebar" button.

My need is When I click the outside the sidebar,Its automatically close without clicking "Close Sidebar" button & swipe.



Regards,

Jeyasri

Hi,


Did you have the "HasOverlay" attribute in true? 

In my case this is sufficient to have the behavior that you expect.

Hope this can help. ;)


Best regards,

Ricardo

Solution

Hi Jeyasri,

This seems to be a behaviour by design (that I feel is a bug) of Silk UI Mobile (at least on OutSystems 10, haven't explored on OutSystems 11 yet):

Although the sidebar receives an input parameter IsOpen, it doesn't expose changes to its state (there's no way for the parent to be aware the user swiped it open/close), and as such the input parameter got out of sync with the current state of the Sidebar. You will see the same behaviour when you follow the exercise of the online training.

The solution would be to clone the Sidebar Silk UI component and change this behaviour on your version.

Edit: or you could just upgrade to OutSystems 11 and do as Ricardo suggests, it seems the Sidebar pattern is using a different approach altogether (and doesn't suffer from this issue apparently)

Solution

Ricardo Pereira wrote:

Hi,


Did you have the "HasOverlay" attribute in true? 

In my case this is sufficient to have the behavior that you expect.

Hope this can help. ;)


Best regards,

Ricardo

Thank u for reply

I dont have a "HasOverlay & Extended class" attribute

 

Regards

Jeyasri

JEYASRI R wrote:

Ricardo Pereira wrote:

Hi,


Did you have the "HasOverlay" attribute in true? 

In my case this is sufficient to have the behavior that you expect.

Hope this can help. ;)


Best regards,

Ricardo

Thank u for reply

I dont have a "HasOverlay & Extended class" attribute

 

Regards

Jeyasri

Ok,

This case is in Outsystems 11 with OutsystemsUI. What's your outsystems version and what is your UI?


Regards,

Ricardo


Ricardo Pereira wrote:

JEYASRI R wrote:

Ricardo Pereira wrote:

Hi,


Did you have the "HasOverlay" attribute in true? 

In my case this is sufficient to have the behavior that you expect.

Hope this can help. ;)


Best regards,

Ricardo

Thank u for reply

I dont have a "HasOverlay & Extended class" attribute

 

Regards

Jeyasri

Ok,

This case is in Outsystems 11 with OutsystemsUI. What's your outsystems version and what is your UI?


Regards,

Ricardo



Version 10.0.828.0, UI is Silk UI Mobile

Regards,

Jeyasri


JEYASRI R wrote:

Ricardo Pereira wrote:

JEYASRI R wrote:

Ricardo Pereira wrote:

Hi,


Did you have the "HasOverlay" attribute in true? 

In my case this is sufficient to have the behavior that you expect.

Hope this can help. ;)


Best regards,

Ricardo

Thank u for reply

I dont have a "HasOverlay & Extended class" attribute

 

Regards

Jeyasri

Ok,

This case is in Outsystems 11 with OutsystemsUI. What's your outsystems version and what is your UI?


Regards,

Ricardo



Version 10.0.828.0, UI is Silk UI Mobile

Regards,

Jeyasri


Ok,


You can always upgrade to OS11 and use the OutsystemsUI or you can try what Jorge said. The behavior it's not the same. In OutsystemsUI they simplify this question.