SkipPageException - Error comes from AppDynamics when the end user logs in the App

SkipPageException - Error comes from AppDynamics when the end user logs in the App

Hi,

I use AppDynamics to troubleshoot my OutSystems Application.

Everytime that a user logs in my application, an error pops up in AppDynamics called "SkipPageException" in the redirect from the login page to the main form page.

My environment is P9 with Java Stack. My application is not multi-tenant and use the module "Users" as the User Provider to store users information.

Does anyone has already received that error before? Why the reason this happens? Is there a way to fix it?

It's important to notice that, even that this error appears in AppDynamics, nothing happens with the end user. So my application doesn't suffer at all with this error, but my error report is growing a lot with this exception.

Unfortunally, AppDynamics trims all the message that comes from the server, but here is the stacktrace:

javax.servlet.ServletException:outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.uicomponent.utils.PageRedirectException:javax.servlet.jsp.SkipPageException

null

at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:295)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:214)
at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.BaseRequestStartupFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
at oscalculounificado.RequestStartupFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:246)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:214)
at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.filters.HttpContextFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:246)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:149)
at org.jboss.as.web.security.SecurityContextAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityContextAssociationValve.java:169)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:145)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:97)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:336)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:653)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:926)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:682)
Caused by: outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.uicomponent.utils.PageRedirectException : javax.servlet.jsp.SkipPageException
at at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.uicomponent.utils.ComponentUtils.invokeBeanPageLoad(Unknown Source)
at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.uicomponent.os_controls.PageComponent.encodeBegin(Unknown Source)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(Unknown Source)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.doRenderView(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(Unknown Source) ... 21 more Caused by: javax.servlet.jsp.SkipPageException : javax.servlet.jsp.SkipPageException
at at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.uicomponent.utils.PageRedirectException.(Unknown Source) ... 30

Hello Luiz

I don't work with Java stack, but I would say that the root cause of this exception probably is another thing.
This exception is saying that the rest of the page should not be evaluated (https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jspapi/javax/servlet/jsp/SkipPageException.html).

Are you sure you don't have a problem in your page? Even a problem with security that is causing (for example) a looping, or an exception that is causing the page redirect to be aborted?

This happens only when using the AppDynamics or you have a problem in the application itself?

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Luiz

I don't work with Java stack, but I would say that the root cause of this exception probably is another thing.
This exception is saying that the rest of the page should not be evaluated (https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jspapi/javax/servlet/jsp/SkipPageException.html).

Are you sure you don't have a problem in your page? Even a problem with security that is causing (for example) a looping, or an exception that is causing the page redirect to be aborted?

This happens only when using the AppDynamics or you have a problem in the application itself?

Cheers.

Eduardo, thanks for the response.

My application doesn't throw an exception "SkipPageException" to the end user and Service Center does not catch this problem, only AppDynamics. My end user doesn't complain about an exception, or loop in the page. 

The security of the page you are talking about is the role for the main form page? If that is the point, i grant the role to the user everytime he logs in the application, than i redirect him to the main form page and no exception ocurrs to the end user.