Trying to open new tab

Trying to open new tab

Hi Forum,

I have 2 screens. 

Screen A has a link to Screen B. (Not a Button just a link which leads to an action which does an assignment and navigate to Screen B)

Screen B has a preparation which would use a download widget to access a file uploaded by the previously.

I have tried to extend the property of the link to target = "_blank" and after inspecting the page, i can see the html to reflect this attribute. However, a new page is not popping out.

Is there a solution to this scenario? (I have tried using other widgets from Forge to project the files but it didn't work previously so i'm focusing my current effort on this round about)

Hi Jiao,

For new page popping out u can use link extended property _blank as mentioned below.

hope this help...

also for downloading a file u create action on same screen for downloading file by using download control.

Regards

Shoeb

Shoeb Khan wrote:

Hi Jiao,

For new page popping out u can use link extended property _blank as mentioned below.

hope this help...

also for downloading a file u create action on same screen for downloading file by using download control.

Regards

Shoeb

Hi Shoeb,

Yes. This is what I have tried (you may see the properties below) but it does not seem to work.

Cheers.

Shoeb Khan wrote:

Hi Jiao,

hope this help...

Regards

Shoeb

Hi Shoeb,

I have found the reason.. My link type was Submit and when changed to navigate, it works like a charm.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Joshua

Jiao Hui Lee wrote:

Shoeb Khan wrote:

Hi Jiao,

hope this help...

Regards

Shoeb

Hi Shoeb,

Yes. This is what I have tried (you may see the properties below) but it does not seem to work.

Cheers.

Hi jiao,

Please make sure your onClick method should Navigation in this case if not then _blank will not work.

Regards

Shoeb