Impact Analysis in preview

Impact Analysis in preview

I was going through the impact analysis information of changing the process using below link

https://www.outsystems.com/help/servicestudio/9.0/Designing_Processes/Overview_of_Upgrading_Processes.htm

At last para below information is mentioned.

Can some one please guide me as how can I do impact analysis through Preview.

Running the Impact Analysis

There are two ways of running an Impact Analysis:

• Effective : the impact analysis is automatically executed and process instances are effectively upgraded or suspended in each deployment done in Service Studio, Service Center, or LifeTime;
  • Preview : execute the impact analysis in preview mode (without effectively upgrading or suspending processes), by simply uploading the application in Service Center and running the Impact Analysis.
Solution

Hi Antu,

In Service Center, there's a button "Impact Analysis" below the "Publish" and "Download" buttons on an eSpace's Versions tab, for evey version that's not the Published version (since by definition a Published version doesn't have an impact on itself). So to do the Impact Analysis without publishing, just Upload (from Service Studio) the module (via the Module menu), and select "Impact Analysis" from Service Center for that version.

Solution

Hi Kilian

Thanks for the guidance.

However I am not able to find impact analysis button.

I have attached the screen shot of servicecenter.

The version 337 was uploaded through service studio.

However there is no impact analysis button.

Hi Antu,

If there's no Impact Analysis button, that means there's no BPT process inside the eSpace. Are you sure you are looking at the right Module?

Thanks Kilian for pointing out this.

The module is not having any process.

Does this mean we can do Impact Analysis only for the modules which are having processes in it. For modules which are not having any BPT process, we will not be able to do the impact analysis.

The Impact analysis check for the impact on running business processes so if there are no processes in the espace then there is nothing to do an analysis on and therefore there is no button to do one.

Thanks Kilian and John for providing information.

Hi Antu,

As the documentation you pointed to starts with (here is the latest version), "When you publish an eSpace containing modified process flows" - so it's clearly about process flows. It's also part of the "Processes" documentation. So I'm not sure why you thought there would be an Impact Analysis of there aren't any Processes?

Yes Kilian you are right, I specifically asked for BPT processes. But I thought it is a common feature and wanted to try for non BPTs. The impact analysis is a good feature for non BPT modules as well.

Are you aware of any such feature where we can do the impact analysis for non BPT modules.

Hi Antu,

What kind of impact analysis were you thinking about? More specifically, what kind of impact? You mean like broken references etc.? That could indeed be a cool feature. Perhaps you can create an Idea?

Hi Kilian

Yes I was thinking of broken references.

Thanks for giving me idea to create an Idea.

My first Idea.

Woohoo, now you get a First Idea badge, if I'm not mistaken, congrats :). I upvoted it, fwiw.

Antu Singh wrote:

Hi Kilian

Yes I was thinking of broken references.

Thanks for giving me idea to create an Idea.

My first Idea.

+1