It Takes a Great Community to Build Great Outcomes. Check Out the New Forge.

It Takes a Great Community to Build Great Outcomes. Check Out the New Forge.

Hey, everyone.

Here’s some exciting news—the new Forge major release is live. Yeah! And it would not have been possible without you, so we’d like to say thank you. 

It all started with your ideas related to the “Community Forge.” Yes, we looked at every single one of them. Those ideas inspired us to take a critical look at the Forge and incorporate your perspective into ours. (Stay tuned for an upcoming post with all the ideas that we’ve implemented.)

During the prototyping process, at least 100 users responded to our requests for interviews and surveys, all of them eager to help us in this discovery process. And here we are now, announcing what we think might be the best ideas release in 2018.

Here’s what’s new...

1. You can keep track of all your components, along with any components that you are following or have downloaded

2. Components can now be identified as “trusted,” meaning they were reviewed for quality. 

3. You can help us maintain the quality of the forge by reporting components when you find inappropriate content, comments, or code with security or development issues. 

4. You can review a component and share your thoughts with others. 

5. You can search through components quickly, even inside Service Studio.

6. All these features will be available on mobile and web devices. 

But wait, there’s more…

Gradually, you will have access to more trusted components as they are validated by OutSystems community MVPs. Being trusted means that a component delivers the functionality promised and that it was built following best practices for security, documentation, and code quality. 

We’re now working on a new “publishing a component” workflow, so stay tuned :)

Be sure to let us know what you think about the new Forge release! You can share your opinions in the app feedback tool in the lower right corner of the Forge, and in the comments here. 

May the Forge be with you.

Ana Sequeira

Thanks to everyone who helped, and who gave ideas and feedback. Great teamwork and collaboration! 

Congrats team! It looks awesome! 

Congratulations! Nice improvements

Congratulations!!! 

It's so good to see our community feedback being implemented with super creativity from OutSystems.

Great job, Ana and team!!

Nice step forward!

Great work all!

Looking forward to the magic you're going to bring the "publishing a component" workflow!

Well done! Nice search feature, it's easier to use now!

Great Job. 

Identification of trusted components is a great improvement. 

A component of mine from last year got more downloads right after this update than in the 11 months before so it was very good for me :) Thanks.

Nice one, trusted components is especially a great feature!

Very nice! I've been waiting for this change, and it's awesome!

It also would be cool if there was a place where people could share 'ideas' for new forge components that might be useful or are missing.
So I can have an idea of which components i could make 'extra' for the community, since sometimes i'm out of ideas cuz there's already a lot :P

Niels Favreau wrote:

Very nice! I've been waiting for this change, and it's awesome!

It also would be cool if there was a place where people could share 'ideas' for new forge components that might be useful or are missing.
So I can have an idea of which components i could make 'extra' for the community, since sometimes i'm out of ideas cuz there's already a lot :P

Hi Niels

in that case, you can open an idea, and we will put it under "Components" category ;)

And thank you for the kind words.

Ana

Congratulations! Nice improvements :)

Congratulation!

I uploaded a new component, but the HTML tag of the detailed description disappears. Is it a new specification?

Awesome, ensuring quality in the Forge!

keep up the good work :-)

Amazing! 

Nice new features. I'm glad to have helped in some way.

Congratulations team!!!

Congratulations! Nice improvements :)

This is a really nice upgrade from the previous version.

Congrats

I've got a question though, what is the "definition" behind the default filter "Most Popular"? I can't make a pattern that makes sense out of it (e.g., most downloads, best reviews, etc.)

Best regards,

PC

Pedro Coelho wrote:

This is a really nice upgrade from the previous version.

Congrats

I've got a question though, what is the "definition" behind the default filter "Most Popular"? I can't make a pattern that makes sense out of it (e.g., most downloads, best reviews, etc.)

Best regards,

PC

Pedro, 

thank you so much. The most popular rule is by priority:
most popular = IsFeatured, followed by #download/# ratings/ ratings average

Cheers

Ana

Nice, thanks for the info Ana Sequeira

Best regards,

PC