Hi all, i have a list and i need to use an input to filter this list, i have a screen action that is being triggered on each key pressed (on change), the thing is that i have to get from the list all values that contains the pressed keys, i.e.:

* in this example i'm using an aggregate

If i type the letter D is displaying each record that contains a D, in the aggregate i'm using a 

filter =>

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

Employees.LastName like "%"+Name+"%"

So i'm displaying the result inside the input and also in the table.

The problem is i'm getting the data from a list and not from an aggregate and i'm not able to use the keyword "like" inside the server action ListFilter, IS THERE ANY WAY TO DO THIS???

I really appreciate  your help.

Thanks in advance

Hi Reynaldo Merino,

You can use a list filter, inside an action, which can be called OnChange.

Regards,

Reynaldo Merino wrote:

Hi all, i have a list and i need to use an input to filter this list, i have a screen action that is being triggered on each key pressed (on change), the thing is that i have to get from the list all values that contains the pressed keys, i.e.:

* in this example i'm using an aggregate

If i type the letter D is displaying each record that contains a D, in the aggregate i'm using a 

filter =>

Employees.LastName like "%"+Name+"%"

So i'm displaying the result inside the input and also in the table.

The problem is i'm getting the data from a list and not from an aggregate and i'm not able to use the keyword "like" inside the server action ListFilter, IS THERE ANY WAY TO DO THIS???

I really appreciate  your help.

Thanks in advance

hi,

you need to set the filters in the aggregate(source record list of table), refresh the aggregate in your on change event, refresh the table.

hope this helps you!!!

Solution

Hi, 

Have consider to use in the ListFilter condition something like :

Index(LastName, Name , 0) > -1 

Hope this helps

Graça

Solution

Marco Arede wrote:

Hi Reynaldo Merino,

Regards,

I am already doing that, but i need to filter the list on each key pressed, i.e. in the list exist a name "Dron" when i type in the input the list should be filtered and display all names that begins with D.

Reynaldo Merino wrote:

Marco Arede wrote:

Hi Reynaldo Merino,

Regards,

I am already doing that, but i need to filter the list on each key pressed, i.e. in the list exist a name "Dron" when i type in the input the list should be filtered and display all names that begins with D.

Hi,

Check the attachment.

Hope this helps you

Maria da Graça Peixoto wrote:

Hi, 

Have consider to use in the ListFilter condition something like :

Index(LastName, Name , 0) > -1 

Hope this helps

Graça

Thanks all for your help, i tried this and it worked!!