Hi

I am using emailto for sending emails. Is it possible to format the email body in html? For example a table or font?

thanks

I'm not sure what you want. You mean href mailto? That will jump to your email software and you have no control with anything besides text (destination, subject, content).

If you mean the OutSystems email, you can clear the template and place an Expression with Escape Content=No. That will print all the HTML you want.

Nuno Reis wrote:

I'm not sure what you want. You mean href mailto? That will jump to your email software and you have no control with anything besides text (destination, subject, content).

If you mean the OutSystems email, you can clear the template and place an Expression with Escape Content=No. That will print all the HTML you want.

Hi Nuno

I am using a link, with the destination=externalURL and the URL some thing like this "mailto:" + GT_MAIL + "? Subject = xxxxxxx" + CONTRACT + "& body = Contract:" + CONTRACT + "% 0D% 0Abject:" + OBJECT + "Supplier -" + NAME + "% 0D% 0A"
By clicking on the link outlook opens and the data is passed to the respective places.
The goal is to be able to format the data in the body of the email

Carlos Messias wrote:

Hi

I am using emailto for sending emails. Is it possible to format the email body in html? For example a table or font?

thanks

Yes, it is possible. You can change font size.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

You are asking HTML questions in a OS forum.

The schema for mailto was last defined in 2010 with https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6068 and it says that the body must be plain text. 

The mailto URL is primarily intended for generation of short text messages that are actually the content of automatic processing (such as "subscribe" messages for mailing lists), not general MIME bodies.

However, I never liked those mailto links. Why don't you create a contact form and use OS to format the email sent?

Nuno Reis wrote:

The schema for mailto was last defined in 2010 with https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6068 and it says that the body must be plain text. 

The mailto URL is primarily intended for generation of short text messages that are actually the content of automatic processing (such as "subscribe" messages for mailing lists), not general MIME bodies.

However, I never liked those mailto links. Why don't you create a contact form and use OS to format the email sent?

Simply because I'm using a dtxs that collects Outlook information for historical logging.

Carlos Messias wrote:

Nuno Reis wrote:

Simply because I'm using a dtxs that collects Outlook information for historical logging.

I believe that running a sp in the good and faithful sql server, will end up being my option.