[Clean Architecture Tool] Feedback from using CleanArchitectureTool in very large factories

Forge Component
(8)
Published on 2018-12-11 by J.
8 votes
Published on 2018-12-11 by J.

This is a report from my experience using the CleanArchiTool in a very large factory ( > 1000 modules, > 200 apps)

- When navigating to the tool, the first screen presents the architecture diagram as whole. For this kind of factories this means drawing a large and heavy diagram with more the 200 nodes (one node = one app) and its relations (in large factories with high dependencies between apps there is the additional load of hundreds of edges connected those nodes). 

This initial screen takes more than 30 seconds to load and draw the diagram.

One possible improvement to the user experience is the deliver of an additional configuration that allows the users to define the start screen (define a group of applications and set this group of applications as the "start screen"). 

Another alternative is to provide a configuration to allow the user to choose between an "empty initial canvas" or a "Full architecture canvas" (this the default behaviour)

Hope this feedback allows the tool to evolve and get more usage ;)

Best regards

Rui Madaleno

I admit I am not used to that kind of "factories", so never give it much thought ;)

Will definitely look at this :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you for your feedback,

Don't forget that factories of this size cannot upgrade to latest and greatest outsystems versions as quickly as a small factory, so cleanarchitecturetool is being used in version 10 and improvements in the tool should be made available to this versions.

thanks

J. wrote:

I admit I am not used to that kind of "factories", so never give it much thought ;)

Will definitely look at this :)

Thanks for the feedback!