Is there a method in outsystems that would let us authenticate a user with their AD username/password without having that user logged in, since there is already a user logged in?  The purpose is to stamp a record as signed with no application login process, just if user is authenticated, then record stamps their signature field.

Hi Jason,

Your question is to applications Web or Mobile?

Thanks,

Eduardo Benites

Hi Eduardo,

I'm sorry for leaving out that detail but this is a web application

Hi Jason,

Are you using IDP for login?

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

We are using active directory for user authentication on login, does that answer your question?

Hi Jason,

Check this post explaining how to configure end user authentication. Just as extra if you want to use the same active directory for the IT Users you have this post

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Jason,

Check this post explaining how to configure end user authentication. Just as extra if you want to use the same active directory for the IT Users you have this post

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

AD authentication is set up and working for our application perfectly,  what i'm needing to do or see guidance of is an example to authenticate a separate user that is not logged into the app, the reason they will get authenticated is to verify the user and apply their digital signature to a document when credentials are authenticated, so AD is working perfectly, we just need to have some thing like a server method that accepts user name/password, if they are authenticated, it returns true, if not, returns false, and its that simple.  

Friends, to help understand what I'm trying to achieve i have posted a screen shot as a visual.

Hi Jason,

You can try to use this component. Never use it but looks like it can help you since it has this action AD_UserLogin.

Regards,

Marcelo