Views
Comments
Forge component is paid ?
Question

I am new to the Outsystems, I want to know about Forge component Pricing, is any hidden Price is there if i will use any forge component? One of my friends suggested me that try to make your own component instead of using Forge component because some forge components are paid, initially, they don't ask about money but at the time of publishing your app, they will ask for payment.

I am a little bit confuse please clarify me.

Thank you

Gautam sharma wrote:

I am new to the Outsystems, I want to know about Forge component Pricing, is any hidden Price is there if i will use any forge component? One of my friends suggested me that try to make your own component instead of using Forge component because some forge components are paid, initially, they don't ask about money but at the time of publishing your app, they will ask for payment.

Thank you

Hi Gautam sharma,

Forge components are published by our community members so that others can make use of these components in their applications or can use them for reference.Components which I have used in my applications till date never asked me for any pricing.

Thanks,

Champion

Gautam sharma wrote:

Thank you

Hi,

You can use forge component in your applications and they never ask for payment.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello Gautam,

Forge components are provided free of charge: https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Forge_Components/Forge_FAQs/Overview#What_do_you_mean_by_.E2.80.9Copen_source_projects.E2.80.9D.3F

But pay attention that some components may require paid licences if they are just wrappers for external APIs, like Twillio, etc.

Cheers.

mvp_badge
MVP

Specifically, they all use the MIT license.

J.Ja

mvp_badge
MVP

Ricardo -

Correct on all parts. There are Ideas in the Ideas board related to changing the Forge to make it easier to do a commercial license and get paid for it, if that is your desire, I suggest you look those up, upvote them, and add your own comments as well.

J.Ja

Justin, thanks for letting me know that. Despite being quite new to OutSystems, yes, at first glance I think it would make total sense to have more like a kind of a Forge "store", also allowing to easily publish commercial components/plugins/applications, and get paid.

More, I believe that would incentivate more people with other backgrounds, to start trying and implementing some components/applications without being dependent on already having a client or working to an OutSystems company, to try make some profit from it.

Sorry if I'm missing something but I think actually there is a kind of barrier to new OutSystems professionals because without some exceptions, you must bet 100% on changing your career to OutSystems and you can't enter on it with "small steps/projects" like you can do on other technologies/fields.

Cheers,

Ricardo

Richardo I am 100% agree with you.

I think Outsystems should support commercial forge.  So, Outsystems developers can develop commercial forge and get paid. 

Like wordpress , wordpress is free and have free themes, components. 

But on other side if anybody want purchase commercial licenses for example themes, Shopify integration components, Analytics, Subscriptions Management components etc. they can use and save their time and money. 

I used many commercial wordpress themes, components etc. and happy to pay them. Because it save my time and money. 

Win win situation for both end.

If anybody saving your time , people happy to pay them. Like OutSystems.