Forge component is paid ?

I am new to the Outsystems, I want to know about Forge component Pricing, is any hidden Price is there if i will use any forge component? One of my friends suggested me that try to make your own component instead of using Forge component because some forge components are paid, initially, they don't ask about money but at the time of publishing your app, they will ask for payment.

I am a little bit confuse please clarify me.

Thank you

Gautam sharma wrote:

I am new to the Outsystems, I want to know about Forge component Pricing, is any hidden Price is there if i will use any forge component? One of my friends suggested me that try to make your own component instead of using Forge component because some forge components are paid, initially, they don't ask about money but at the time of publishing your app, they will ask for payment.

Thank you

Hi Gautam sharma,

Forge components are published by our community members so that others can make use of these components in their applications or can use them for reference.Components which I have used in my applications till date never asked me for any pricing.

Thanks,

Priya Khade wrote:

Gautam sharma wrote:

Thank you

Hi Gautam sharma,

Forge components are published by our community members so that others can make use of these components in their applications or can use them for reference.Components which I have used in my applications till date never asked me for any pricing.

Thanks,

Thanks for your information.

Gautam sharma wrote:

Thank you

Hi,

You can use forge component in your applications and they never ask for payment.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Hello Gautam,

Forge components are provided free of charge: https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Forge_Components/Forge_FAQs/Overview#What_do_you_mean_by_.E2.80.9Copen_source_projects.E2.80.9D.3F

But pay attention that some components may require paid licences if they are just wrappers for external APIs, like Twillio, etc.

Cheers.

Specifically, they all use the MIT license.

J.Ja