Views
Comments
After converting from version 10 to version 11 I began to have errors of data types
Question

I have a problem that is shocking and I can not go forward in development. This problem occurred after the conversion of my environment from version 10 to version 11.

The problem occurs in data structures where the DECIMAL and CURRENCY types are transformed into TEXT.

The structure is created as DECIMAL, the WSDL is DECIMAL, but in APP the structure comes as TEXT.

I have all the details that I review in the attachment file.

Please, Help me to solve this problem.
Att,

Dshi.

diferenças de estrutura outsystems 10 e 11.docx

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Dshi,

Regardless of whether this is happening, did you try changing the Text types to the right ones on the consuming side?

Olá Kilian,

Eu não tenho uma chance de mudar o tipo de dados para uma estrutura que já vem junto com o serviço. Tentei criar uma estrutura diferenciada e recebi uma crítica que aquele componente precisaria da mesma estrutura do outro Senão ELE Não Poderia Fazer o Movimento dos Dados. 
Eu tenho um arquivo que descreve esse problema que utilizei para passar para o suporte Outsystems, você poderia lê-lo onde tem detalhes de cada transformação? Estou impactado com o erro porque não consigo sair dele.

Antecipadamente agradeço sua ajuda.

Dshi

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Dshi,

Please write in English, if you want me to understand you ;).

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Dshi,

At the very least, I can confirm your problem: it works as expected in P10, but not in P11, where Decimal gets converted to Text (in contradiction with the documentation).

This seems a severe bug in the way SS consumes the SOAP service. The only workaround I can think of currently is to use Service Studio version 10 to consume the SOAP service (in a blank Module), save the Module, open the Module in P11, and copy/paste the SOAP service to the right module.

You already have contacted OutSystems Support, so I don't need to advise you to do so :).

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Dshi,

You don't need to connect the P10 Service Studio to any environment, just cancel any request for connecting to an environment. You do need some P10 Module/eSpace however since you can't create a new Module without connecting to an environment, I forgot about that. So see a blank Module attached. Just start P10 SS, don't connect to an environment, open the Module and consume the SOAP WSDL.

Next, safe the Module and reopen it in P11. The decimals should be Decimals now.

BlankModuleP10.oml

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Dshi,

See my instructions above: once you saved the module with the consumed SOAP service, you open it in SS 11 (it will auto-convert), then you need to copy/paste the SOAP service to the right destination if it isn't already.

No-one is disputing this is a bug: I'm just trying to show you how you could work around the bug. But if you'd rather wait for support (and a bugfix that'll take a while), be my guest.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Dshi,

I wouldn't consider that a good workaround either :). However, I stand by what I've said before, it is possible to consume the SOAP service in Service Studio 10, save the eSpace, open the eSpace in Service Studio 11 (it'll auto-convert) and copy/paste the SOAP from there into the right P11 eSpace. That would fully alleviate your problem, even if it's a bit more work than consuming the SOAP service in P11.

It's ok. I will try this solution. I believe it is a minor job that is the suggestion of Outsystems.

Thank you very much.

Att,

Dshi

Problem still exists!!! :(