Download Binary Data with different types

I have a binary list for my web application, and I want to download the file by clicking on it. I linked the file name to a screen Action, and I used the download as following, it downloads file of type File, and I can't open pdf file, how to handle this with multiple types.

Hi Abeer,

How those files are inserted on the application? the normal approach is to also save the type when you save them on the database. If its insert through upload widget you can get the type from the widget.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Abeer,

How those files are inserted on the application? the normal approach is to also save the type when you save them on the database. If its insert through upload widget you can get the type from the widget.

Regards,

Marcelo

Thanks for your reply, I did that and saved the type as well, I present it on table list to make sure data is uploaded okay, now when i download these files it's downloaded without extensions (.jpg ... pdf etc) so i can't open it

Solution

Hi Abeer,

But why are you saving the file name without extensions? You need to save also the name with the extension. if you need to show on the app the name without the extension you should have another field for it.

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Abeer,

But why are you saving the file name without extensions? You need to save also the name with the extension. if you need to show on the app the name without the extension you should have another field for it.

Regards,

Marcelo

I got your point now, it was my fault, as I was changing the file name while uploading, it's fixed once I used teh name from the up-loader as it is.